Did I inconvenience anyone?

Hello, forum. I just wanted to check a thing.

I’ve been messing about with the SDK a bit. I am entirely, dizzyingly, ruthlessly unskilled at any of this stuff, and really just wanted to add a runway on a hilltop in my local area, stick a couple of sheds down, one parking spot and hook it all up with taxi paths and such. And surprisingly, it all worked okay, and I wanted to export it so I could add it into my packages folder and fly from my very shabby new airfield.

I chose the option to make it ready for sending direct to the community, since it looked like that needed least messing about for something that didn’t need to meet anyone else’s approval; picked a folder and pressed export. And it worked, and I can fly from said airfield. Yay.

But a sinking feeling crept over me as I took off and skimmed the trees I’d forgotten to remove with an exclusion polygon… I, um… I didn’t actually upload it anywhere, did I?

I got the impression the selections for ‘make ready for community direct’ and ‘make ready to submit to marketplace’ were just sets of criteria for the exporter system to assess my ‘work’ through - that none of those things would happen until I went and actually uploaded the file somewhere. That they aren’t actual processes for me to submit it somewhere automatically. I didn’t tell it where to submit it or anything so I’m hoping I’m safe, but if I have inconvenienced anyone by uploading it somewhere it has (I assure you) absolutely no right to be, I’d like to fix it.

Can anyone let me know one way or the other - and, if there’s some other way I should’ve exported it to ensure it remained entirely and firmly local, could someone let me know what it is?

Thank you.

You didn’t upload it anywhere. The exporter options just help you get it ready for sharing when you do upload it someplace, like flightsim.to.

A “World Hub” is coming to Flight Simulator at some point, and in that case, you would be sending your changes to every other user when you submit. It’ll be pretty clear that that’s what you’re doing though. And I hope it arrives sooner than later as user edits to the scenery will vastly improve the game.

3 Likes

Mine would, I can confidently say, most definitely not. :grin: But thank you - that’s reassuring. I’ll keep an eye out for the World Hub and make sure I discontinue messing about by then.