Did this update fix anything?

This is primarily a content update. Some small bug fixes. But no major feature improvements. The next update will be features, more bug fixes, and perf improvements.

1 Like

Nah. It’s just for kicks… to make you download 30 Gigs for the hell of it.

But, really, did you read the Release Notes?

6 Likes

For me everything no longer limited by main thread. Sim silky smooth with no stutters. Some frame tearing but no big deal.
Specs
I9 9900k
Rtx 2070 super
32gb ram
No overclocking
50-60 fps Ga Aircraft
Nice job Ashbourne;)

5 Likes

Right off the bat, not noticing spikes at their usual locations.

Looking at the release notes there are several bug fixes mentioned but not a word about ATC. Very unfortunate as for me, this is the biggest problem going now with this sim.

If you’re still downloading you literally have the release notes in front of you on your screen.

8 Likes

If I would like to play devil’s advocate, I would say that the right question to ask it “Did this update break something?”.

But I stay positive… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As much as I’d like to see it, I don’t see ATC fixes until end of the year if ever. It needs a complete overhaul. I think it’s still bug-hunt and optimization.

I wasn’t suggesting that nothing else had changed, there are obviously some bug fixes as the devs have listed.

But it is a world update, you shouldn’t be expecting lots of bugs to be fixed it main purpose is to update the scenery.

Check dev mode, I’m no longer limited by main thread all cores utalized.

1 Like

Terrain spikes and water running up the coast seem to be fixed for good. Watermasks, not so sure.

i can tell you one thing. this update don’t fix the loop problem…

1 Like

Water mask are all in those they show on the trailers, I added few screenshots
Let's collect locations with water masks already applied - #84 by StatesideSiren4

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming, I was looking for that thread!

I checked a few spots where I remember to have seen the shark teeth and they are totally gone. Can you post coordinates of where you still see them?

On screen menu boxes still don’t remember their locations from the last flight, this was broken in WU II and hasn’t been fixed since then. I want to test the creeping water across the cliffs if it is fixed as advertised.

sorry, typo on my side, I really meant the shark teeth

With xmp
No cpu or gpu overclock vsync in game also seems to work.

Try a non glass cockpit.

Could be because of the cloud updates, this isn’t mentioned on release notes. Hopefully my 3700X stops limiting my 3080 FE at 4K lol