Difference between xbox series S and X

Hello everyone.
I’m an xbox series s owner, and I’m very happy with it.
Unfortunately, after the latest updates, the graphic quality on series s has degraded a lot (on flight simulator).

Has anyone done a comparison with series X? Is the difference visible now?

On series s, during the day the textures are all in low resolution, and at night, there is an embarrassing fov of the lights, everything is almost totally dark (but 30fps stable).

1 Like

(On Series X)

Yes it’s a known issue that will be allegedly fixed mid January. Even the Series X has suffered a great deal from it. Everything across the board was dialled down for some reason and never restored other than the weather from what I can tell.

3 Likes

Do you mean it will be “reactivated” on series s too?
Is it written somewhere?

1 Like

This is a huge thread that discussed it in length. It has been labelled a bug which usually means they’re fully aware at this point. Kinda puts it higher up on the priority list. They say they know what the problem is, so fingers crossed after the new year.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Let’s hope they fix it quickly!

4 Likes

What everyone said above. The 40th anniversary update introduced a bug in the Xbox versions, which degrades graphical quality on the consoles and will hopefully be fixed in January.

In normal conditions, IIRC the S runs it at medium settings and the X runs at high/ultra settings.

1 Like

According to the developers, the bug has already been fixed; however, the fix likely won’t be included in an update until mid January.

At 60 or 30 fps? (Series x)

Both are 30 FPS.

It’s when you park a 55" a couple inches behind the yoke at 4K where the X shines.

Still not sure when they essentially toggled something off on XB for the graphics, KNOW exactly what it is, and for some reason they decide to wait 2 months to fix it, yet we get patches today for other issues no problem. :thinking:

2 Likes

absolutely, but, I play series s on a 75’’ and flight looks very very good (aside from the recent bug)

It would look very gooder (sic) on a series X.

That better resolution makes a difference when sitting up close.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.