Digital Foundry claims that Xbox X version is mostly on Ultra settings

In last DF video, they claim that they have info from devs that Xbox X version is running on mostly Ultra settings.

So obviously, to fit on Xbox hardware we are stuck with Xbox X as high end hardware also in PC version.
That would explain all that downgrade in visuals. Its like scale shifted medium = ultra.

Or it could mean that they will (for example) use it not as an absolute, but as a slider on the inevitable Graphic Quality vs Frame rate issue. Ultra being “as good as possible stuff the frame rate”.

Ultra, yes, but don’t forget that it’s not in native 4k it’s in 1440p with upscaling to 4k :wink:

1 Like

The point is that visual quality was so downgraded so it can be run with ultra settings on Xbox series X.

1 Like

Well when the new ultra becomes the old medium-high, it makes sense. lol

That is exactly what is atm lol. Had to tweak the LOD pass 2.0 to get where it was before SU5

The Series X is more powerful than most people’s computers on here running the sim, so of course that’s going to mean Ultra at 4K. Great work.

4 Likes

Yes it has a powerful GPU but the CPU not so much.If it were really power what is the reason for the culling and the reduction of the LOD.
Did you notice you can no longer see the Chicago skylines from KORD or Manhattan from JFK.

1 Like

The CPU has 8 cores at 3.8GHz…

Come on… $500 console (it is impresive for what it is… but…). Most of simmers here have machines worth $2000-$3000 that are now under utilized.

3 Likes

The new downgraded Ultra Settings After su5?

As I understood, yes. They mention that they can’t publish specifics.

You get a fair bit for the money though. CPU is Zen 2, so effectively Ryzen 3000 series (without the downside of having cores and memory controller/IO separate as on the Ryzens), GPU performance probably what you’d get for a $500 GPU these days – and that GPU needs a bunch of other components, too.

(FWIW: I’ve never had any console of any kind and have a high-end PC.)

I thought Asobo said with the performance updates they would be able to introduce a graphics level above Ultra.
This would make sense if they reduced the current level so that marketing could say that the Xbox was also able to run at Ultra.
Then once the Xbox hype had died down they reintroduced the original graphic fidelity as a level above Ultra for those PCs that can run it.

I for one am happy how the SIM looks and performs on my hardware but a future beyond ultra level would be one to aspire to with a hardware upgrade.

1 Like

It seems that ultra on the Xbox = high/medium on PC. So Jorg was right. Super Ultra will become available allowing PC users to get back to the actual Ultra from the original Release last August.

It’s like “70 is the new 40”.

2 Likes

Happy days, its unreal playing this on a console

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.