Digital Foundry's Optimized Settings

Original video here:

tl;dw
Modify the render scaling. If you’re on 4k change it to 80. If you’re on 1440p change it to 90. If you’re on 1080p don’t touch it.
Otherwise the rest of the changes are summarized here:

8 Likes

Almost exactly what I’ve been running, not bad! High preset, ultra on texture settings.

I have to say that the not-so-hidden (yet not acknowledged) ad for that PC (and Intel) is very concercing. DF tends to be very professional and unbiased; this is by far the worst video I’ve seen from them in that respect. If this were my first DF video I’d probably avoid them entirely in the future…

Well it is undeniably the fastest hardware you can currently buy and that was the point of this test, so I don’t see what the issue is. Besides they don’t do these videos out of the goodness of their hearts, they are a business.

Buying a 2080 Ti and a 10900K will give you exactly the same performance as buying that very hyped brand PC though, and given their viewer base, it sounds very odd when they’re talking about a specific PC as being so well-fit for the game.

1 Like

Which part of “they are a business” did you not understand, they cant exist on Patreon subscriptions alone.

No need to get rude. They’ve survived for 16 years, so it doesn’t seem likely there’s a choice between shill or die. The main reason I don’t like it is that they apparently deny it’s in any way a sponsored video.

1 Like

Chasing the number. Last time I looked, none of my planes had an fps counter on the panel. I don’t need to see the number 60. I need to see as beautiful a depiction as I can get in a smooth presentation. For me on a 1440p monitor that is 30 fps. This sim can pack a lot of niceness into 30 frames. My opinion only.

System Specs:
asrock z390 phantom gaming mobo
I7-9700k @ 4.9 GHz
32 GB Ram
Geforce RTX 2070 running 1440p Acer monitor
FS is on dedicated 500gb M.2
Internet download speed average 450 Mbps

1 Like

Well said, common sense.

Thanks for that perfect summary!

This video aligns with your perspective. They tried to find the best performance settings while still maintaining great visuals!

I was already on the high preset so I’m glad to hear I can bump up the AF, supersampling, and textures while still maintaining good framerate! That’s because I have a 1080ti and my 3900x is the bottleneck according to the video.

1 Like

Not sure I see your point on this, feel like you might be over thinking it.

Thank you @GamerKingFaiz for the TL;DR

1 Like

Just be thankful for the analysis and stop looking for a cloud with that silver lining.

Thanks for the video @GamerKingFaiz its helped me grab a few more fps cheers