Direct x 12 beta poor performance

Is it just me, but with beta drctx12 i have poor performance, wkth x11 is good

Nope not just you it’s very jumpy and low fps when over a high built area. I’m just staying with 11 at the moment.

2 Likes

I see, yes, with 11 i have stable 30 fps locked, and 12 15-18

Turn it off. Fin.

One thing I have noticed on this update if you reset any settings in the options make sure you restart the sim.

Dx12 runs less well for everyone, I think. At least I have not heard from a single person who reported that Dx12 runs better than DX11 for them…

1 Like

I did. One or two Youtube videos about FPS comparison with DX 11 vs. 12.
May be fake or something.

As far as I’m concerned I’m seeing a massive gain in ips with DX12(beta). See below first with DX11, then DX12(beta). Of course in the same situation and same settings, which in my case are Ultra (except Terrain LOD limited to 150).

My (aging) specs:
Asus Maximus VII Ranger
i7 4790K
16GM RAM DDR3
1080Ti FE 11GB VRAM
Resolution 1080p

(click the screenshots to enlarge them, version of DX and ips in the top left corner)

As can also be seen from the screenshots, DX12(beta) seems to be more demanding on both my CPU and GPU.

Don’t dip your balls into a beta pool. In many cases it will boil them.
Stay with DX11 in FS2020 until DX12 is out of beta.

I have tried DirectX 12 on the discovery flight of Mount Fuji.
before, in DirectX 11, I was betweeen 40 and 60 fps, with micro stutter and giving the impression that it is not so smooth. graphic card was used at 60%, cpu 30%, (running constantly in boost at 4.3 ghz)
with Directx12, I am around 30 fps, but feeling very very smooth and no stutter. But graphics card is yet used at 80%, cpu 20-25% (running constantly in boost at 4.3 ghz)

Common settings, hardware:

• core i7 8700k , 3.7 ghz standard speed, 4.3 ghz all core boost, 4.7 ghz one-core boost
  • 32 gb ddr4 2600
  • msi rtx 2070 8gb (standard, not “super”)
  • display at 2k-settings on a 4k screen
  • ssd samsung 1 tb nvme for the game
  • ssd samsung 512 gb nvme for the system
  • in Windows 10, GPU-Scheduling is enabled

i tried to turn On DirectX 12 beta on the menu options, i restart the game but still in Directx 11 some one has the same issue? i tried a few times with same result

DX11 = 30+ fps
DX12 Beta = 3 fps :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

DX12 9 fps
DX11 34fps

3 Likes

DX 11 is about 20% faster for me than DX 12. On DX 12 the graphics were tearing also.

Older i7
16G Ram
RTX 2070

Same to me; I tried both and DX11 definetely smoother

Yup. Me too.

Please activate also the GPU Scheduling in windows… while testing DirectX12. It can improve.

I have the same problem. When using DX12 MSFS won’t use the full power of the GPU and will significantly reduce the framerate when moving view. Using the in-game FPS counter, the GPU is the problem and MSFS will use its full power in DX11.

Ok, I got DX12 enabled.
Here’s what I found:

• Graphics look better and the colors are more saturated (to me, anyway)
  • Got a boost of about 5 or so FPS
  • Seemed to have introduced a bit of stutter, but really not much.

These are all subjective observations; I’m no techie and I haven’t benchmarked anything.

My System:

Alienware Aurora R9
i7-9700
32G RAM
RTX 2070Super

1 Like

After short testing I am getting straight to the point. Its a lot less stable hence its stuttering on my rig and I understand its a beta.

My odd specs:
i7 10700k@4.9ghz
RTX 2060super 8gb OC stuck with this stubborn card.
32gb