Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Just like the last year when they released unfinished product and it took them good 4-6 month to get it right. Seems like the same story with this release. I hope they will fix it and make better, but I don’t wanna wait another 4-6 month cause I had pretty good sim as of yesterday. Sad.

5 Likes

Thanks for that, I must have missed that post

i will try both lod’s at 10 and go higher if i need too tonight lol

Uhm, maybe because it’s one of the complex simulations ever undertaken, attempting to recreate 1:1 an entire planet, weather systems, flight physics and modelling and complex aeronautical engineering replication.
The scale of this sim is beyond anything ever created for the consumer market and it’s pretty difficult to develop it in a timely manner, with a series of completely FREE updates every month.

You’re expectations are simply unreasonable.

3 Likes

no, i see hardly any popin issue.

1 Like

Much depends on whether you want to wait for perfect…which will be an infinite wait, because the next time you want to spend those $$ there will be something else that just isn’t quite right…or accept a pretty good digital rendition of the earth, plus weather, plus flight simulation, plus free world updates and have some fun in the meantime. Your choice of course.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, it’s breathtaking in vr and is a big part of my life - and the day before yesterday it was perfect, today I’m watching love island as I can’t fix the mouse issue

I can feel the need to do another of my “let’s get the facts on the table re the visual downgrades that have been touted with every single update since launch” posts where I do a side by side, then and now comparison. So far, I’ve proved there is no visual downgrade, and in fact visual improvement. If I can be bothered doing it again, I’m sure I’ll see the same results.

Here’s my last post on that topic:

3 Likes

Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.”

3 Likes

What’s the mouse issue?

Looking at previous updates I highly doubt we will see anything if any until SU6, which was planned for September if i remember correct.

The mouse is “stuck” on the in game panels. When I click “fly” the in-game panels pop up and they cannot be closed. Clicking X does nothing, the mouse pointer isn’t a pointer. It’s been suggested to unplug the gamepad - but I’m used to flying with it I don’t think I could use a keyboard

It looks like Microsoft want’s all of us to buy a Xbox. No need for a high end PC?

1 Like

Hi,
I feel fooled honestly. I expected this update so long for what? the visual aspect is the worst I have ever seen in this simulator…
I heard on their videos they improved polygons on the building, and I said inside… ohh, thats really great!. I believe, they have been lowering down the image quality a lot instead and introduced a new issue, constant pop in that I cannot even see trucks on the airport that depends on the camera angle, type (external cockpit). Thats why, in my opinion, they have lower down the ram usage.
London now is a peace of trash, broken buildings that pop in and out.
My pc specs are i9900kf, 32 gb ram 3000mhz, rtx 3080 (not that bad)…
This is unacceptable at this point, sorry…
The instruments are not working when I hold the right click button on the mouse to change the camera, even on legacy mode. Well, this is going to be fixed so I am not going to complain about this now.

5 Likes

I’m guessing you’ve tried a load of things, but here goes with some suggestions:

• you can disable the in game panels from starting up at all in the options (options > assistance > user experience you can set different panels open/closed at the start)
  • change mouse and gamepad control mappings to default (to see if it your customer mappings causing the issue)
  • also try changing them to default and then back to what you had - seen comments elsewhere about that
  • i think you can assign keys to the in game panels - again, doing so might mean you can make them go away

EDIT - maybe unplug the gamepad and see if that fixes it - it would potentially narrow down the issue

1 Like

Microsoft should make a statement about this situation.

1. We will fix it
  2. We will have 2 versions one for Xbox another for PC
  3. If we can’t do the above we will give you a refund.
    Saying nothing is hiding in the bushes.
9 Likes

Depends what his goal is. Money is better spend when components are sized appropriately.
Like what Graphics card, what CPU, how many cores, etc.
Right now Asobo is in the middle of major changes to the sim.
It makes sense to wait a few months to select the right components.
I fully expect them to announce a new ‘higher than ultra’ setting beween now and SU6. That will be the setting to match with the right PC components when it comes out.

Loving the conspiracy theory

3 Likes

Yep, this I agree with completely.

My point was essentially that there is fun to be had without having to wait

1 Like

Have You Tried Capping Your FPS To 30 or 60