Discussion: December 10th, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the development update.

First of all congrats on the award tonight very well deserved second about the xbox series x version of the game coming out next year in the summer if we currently own the pc version of the game do we have to pay for the console version as well mine is the deluxe premium edition

If you already have the PC version, why would you want to get another copy for the Xbox?

2 Likes

I was assuming this game was a play anywhere title thats why i asked

The game is a “Play Anywhere” title if your brought it through the Windows Store. If you purchased it through Steam you would need to buy another version.

2 Likes

So does that mean I wouldn’t have to buy it again when it comes out for the series x just checking to be sure this would be great news and yes i bought it through the Microsoft digital store and not through steam

1 Like

So long as you brought it through Microsoft directly, yes. Let me find you a source.

Thanks for clarifying that for me thats awesome news

2 Likes

Thanks you’ve been most helpful and congrats on the award

Why are there fixed items listed on the Feedback Snapshot? What are the next 3 items to be added to the list?

2 Likes

ooo…seasons in 2021! Mix that with DX12 and VR and it’s shaping up to be one heck of a year for the sim

2 Likes

I am curious to see how this will run on Series S. Should make for a nice Digital Foundry analysis.

Anyway, congrats on the award, truly well deserved. Commiserations to the other games and sims. Looking forward to more in the future.

Could you please move the ‘not planned’ wish topics to general discussion or so? Now they take up a spot in the snapshot again.

1 Like

Given that the Xbox MSFS release will be built around DX12, then I assume the video trailer released with this weeks blog is our first sneak preview of DX12 (albeit running on Xbox). Maybe it was just me, but I did notice the LOD was quite nice, and the snowy mountains did appear to be more defined than the historic pc launch video equivalent showing the same. Placebo or not? Comments always appreciated :+1:

So… on December 22nd we’re going to have Sim update 2. I’m really nervous about that one!
Hoping it’s well tested before launch!

Just that simmers, forum mods, 3rd party devs and Seb (!) we all have a really nice festive period flying around, rather than screaming about something major that broke. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

cant wait to hear more about VR next week

1 Like

I think it’s great that Xbox is coming to MSFS. People will finally get to experience flight simming without having to pay huge amounts of money, and I think the sim will be quite good on Xbox (now that the XSX and XSS perform like a High and Low end PC, respectively), especially with real flight sim peripherals coming. They will not be gimping the PC experience for Xbox, I can pretty much guarantee that. I’ll bet the Xbox will just have tuned “graphics settings” (for example, a tweaked High End preset for the XSX and a tweaked Medium/Low for the XSS) that suits the hardware, but it will not effect the PC version at all

This is a great thing for flight sims!

" Under investigation "
LOL
They removed / broked / a lot of visuals, and since September, all those options are " Under investigation "

1 Like