Discussion: E3 Announcement

I’m hyped for this on Xbox Series X, always looked on from the outside with interest in this series but never been able to play it due to high spec requirements on PC. I’m kind of worried it might be too difficult to play, maybe some of the community can talk to me about that. I’m certainly gonna try it tho.

2 Likes

They’ve said this 1000000 times, community content will be accessed through the marketplace on the consoles

2 Likes

No they showed free liveries that are downloadable from flightsim.to.

MSFS was already a true next Gen Flight Sim, I think with this update and release everything has gone up a notch.

5 Likes

They’ve just said in the Q+A linked above that its the same. “The sim shares the same multiplayer world, content, and services.”

The PC version will definitely be getting the Top Gun expansion. Its all about making money and the PC version will have by far the biggest install base.

5 Likes

something like this maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plcPTjDN1tY&ab_channel=JustHKJustHKVerified

1 Like

Maybe yes. Maybe they let you download things and put it in a community folder yourself.

Our Dev Q&A on June 30th will address both Xbox and PC Improvements coming with this update, and I’m sure DX12 will be a hot topic!

36 Likes

The Xbox and PC versions will have the same content! :slight_smile: So yes, Top Gun expansions will be free on both!

34 Likes

“authentic flight experiences”
This line got me laughing pretty hard :joy:

4 Likes

I missed that link. It must have been posted while I was typing. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

Will there be a beta?? < Add that to the Q&A :joy:

3 Likes

you mean su5 with this update?

1 Like

Phew! Please no XBOX exclusive content!

3 Likes

Thanks Asobo and Microsoft. Time to go out and buy an XBOX and dump my current PC :rofl:

1 Like

From the FAQ :

New, Xbox-compatible peripherals will be announced soon

Hopefully, it will be a Microsoft made peripherals with Force Feedback that coud work on PC as well.

You know, now that the flash went away … what exactly does this mean for me Joe_PC_user?

It seems patently insane that one would release it all on the same day?

Do we get DX12 in June’s update, July’s?

In short nice for XBox but I I me me are we there yet?

Edit: Also, rumor is some press have editions already, are they playing online, how are they getting content delivered online?

Well I am stoked. Bought my Series X just for this. I cant wait!

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the Top Gun extension :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Press will have beta review copies. Its only 6 weeks from release. It’ll be all but finished.