Discussion: February 25th, 2021 Development Update

I’m not at all happy with the lack of urgency in dealing with their mistakes. They already published a cfg fix for the flaps issue; why on earth does it require thorough testing to publish a hotfix 2 weeks after the problem was already solved (but the fix not implemented)?

And now delaying the sim update because of something that is clearly just a single parameter change in the cfgs?

Please guys, you really need to treat the mistakes you make with a bit more urgency. I’ve been a strong advocate for this platform but the lack of quality control and speed in issuing hotfixes is getting very wearing,

17 Likes

Indirect data leakage.

Sweet! Glad to know the issue has been resolved.

What Seb said was that he tried for hours to get it to break but couldn’t. Then he said he watched a video of someone demonstrating it and the guy was using the Live Time button instead of Live Weather so he wasn’t sure this was actually a thing, but rather user error because of a confusing user interface issue and they should look at making their interface less confusing.

So yes, he acknowledged the reports of it, but was inclined to believed it was user error vs a genuine bug. He then asked the community to post videos demonstrating it.

We have the thread with videos clearly demonstrating that this isn’t a case of user error. What would be nice for the growing number of users experiencing this - some of us who’ve been experiencing this for months now - is an acknowledgement that they finally recognize that this is a genuine bug vs user error and put it on their bug list.

2 Likes

I mean, despite the problems I dont think anyone can say they aren’t trying. I know we can be a salty bunch sometimes, but this i feel is positive.

1 Like

Talk about you can’t win to lose.

Deployment of flaps change was unintended. Solution: take the time so that checks happen to mitigate this.

We’re taking the time to deliver the hotfix correctly - implied, we are mitigating what happened to cause it in the first place.

More time means Sim Update 3 is delayed by a week.

Does the crowd want bread or circus? It depends on the time of day and if the lions are fed or not.

Keep your chin up Asobo. Someday the mob will figure out what it wants. Maybe.

10 Likes

You’re putting words into his mouth. I didn’t get the notion that he thought it was user error. He said they welcomed videos that demonstrate the bug so that they might be able to better visualize it and pinpoint the issue. You literally said it hasn’t been acknowledged, and this is clearly not the case.

2 Likes

So not one mention of the photogrammetry being missing over Southampton and portsmouth area since the update, which was acknowledges as a bug but heard nothing since. When is this being fixed, If there is info somewhere, someone please show me.

3 Likes

I reported it as a bug using Zendesk and they sent an email earlier saying that they had recorded the bug in their internal bug and issue tracker. Considering the post in the bugs section of the forum got so many votes I’m surprised they didn’t mention it in this update. The known issues page still says they are investigating it. It would be nice if MS / Asobo could provide an update on their progress with fixing this bug.

2 Likes

Seb: The only time I’ve seen it since then was on a YouTube video of someone who was switched to clear skies and then clicke don the live button and said “What? I don’t get live weather”. The issue is the LIVE button doesn’t do live weather, it does live time. I think it’s a bit clunky and that we need to change.

That’s a direct transcript from the video.

So yes, he acknowledged the reports of it, but was inclined to believed it was user error vs a genuine bug. Jorg then asked the community to post videos demonstrating it.

I don’t know about you, but to me that sounds very much like they think the issue is possibly just user error vs a live weather. They seem open to the possibility that there could be an issue, and Jorg said to post videos showing it.

We’ve posted said videos. Jayne stated that she sent the thread off to the team. Now it’s in their court. It would be nice to see if they’re doing something about it.

I should think it would be obvious that they’re trying to do something about it given they’ve asked for recordings of the bug. I can’t see how that would be interpreted as assuming it would be user error, but you do you.

I know the many recordings have been sent off to the team, so it would only be logical to assume the bug is under ongoing investigation.

1 Like

I know they’re trying. And honestly, with an explanation like " The issue is the LIVE button doesn’t do live weather, it does live time. I think it’s a bit clunky and that we need to change.", it seems to indicate that they think it may be user error due to an unclear interface, and his suggestion is to make the interface clearer.

That’s how I interpreted it and how many others interpreted it as well if you follow the thread in the bug forum.

That said, they did want to see videos. We’ve done our part. Now we’d like to know what’s being done about it. The fact it’s not on the list of actively pursued bugs doesn’t look like this is very high on their to-do list atm.

Yes Please!

That snapshot is not the end-all be-all of their bug or content update process.

2 Likes

Spare us… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, I hope so. I’m sick of using the workaround to get weather to work due to issues it causes with winds and departure / approaches assigned, and I’m tired of having to reboot the sim after every flight.

I love MSFS. I’ve got nearly 600 hours of flight time logged, so I think that demonstrates that I love it despite its issues. I can deal or work around most issues, but this is one of them that’s really discouraging and kills motivation to play it past the first flight.

3 Likes

I agree. I genuinely believe the team are aware this is a bug and not user error - don’t get me wrong, I too want this fixed as much as you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If the issues with the projected meshes and the taxi lights are resolved, why not include them into the hotfix? That would at least justify moving the sim update 3 a week further, because a hotfix containing just flaps parameters change is something umm… underwhelming…

6 Likes

What is the March Sim Updaye ?
Optimisations for VR to run better ?

Sure hope so because it needs major optimization, we’re not looking forward to investing $1500+ On a GPU to run it a bit better.