Discussion: January 14th, 2021 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the development update.

7 Likes

Items marked as “Fixed” and “Not Planned” should be removed from the Feedback Snapshot to clear way for new ones. Update #7 was released almost two months ago I think.

The layover with the community managers is very interesting! I really appreciate that you’ve been improving your efforts lately to interact with the community and keep us updated on several things more often, and it’s great to get to know you more.

18 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll see if we can get some of the ones that aren’t relevant anymore cleared off so we can start making room for other issues!

14 Likes

I think you should list them as ‘fixed’ or ‘not planned’ once, and remove them the next week. :wink:

4 Likes

While the subject is up. As far as threads that are currently “Not Planned” - do you find it helpful to keep them open to continue discussion, if we moved the thread elsewhere?

1 Like

Sounds good! I agree.

I think moving them to some ‘not planned’ forum would be best.
People can continue discussing there. Though that would mean the devs have to keep an eye on it too.

6 Likes

good idea.

As for the list, maybe make it bigger, like 40 items on each one

2 Likes

I agree, every time I see these snapshots it’s the same threads over and over again in almost exactly the same order. I just wish there was a better ranking system, something like “Thread Activity” over the past month, so things that are awfully quiet with no updates fall off.

I hope that makes sense, @mods

4 Likes

I also think, the last 100ish posts in the ‘FlyByWire community mod A320’ topic in the wishlist have been about requests for the FBW team, not Asobo. It may be good to redirect these users to the new 3rd party forum.

I may be wrong, but I even think the original request from the topic has been fulfilled. (though I’d hate to be wrong and to be the reason the topic is closed falsely :smiley: )

1 Like

Excellent answers given by Jayne and Alex in the blog post! :bowing_man:

3 Likes

It’s the roadmap no longer a thing?

7 Likes

Here it says this:

• 7 aircraft (+0) are already in our in-sim store.

But the Carenado WYMF5 is being added to the MarketPlace, so it should be 8 aircraft.

1 Like

I guess we might get it after the Q&A or the week after

1 Like

Where did this item go out of the bug list? That’s one of the largest issues in the sim atm. It’s not “wind readings” that are an issue. It’s the weather system as a whole that’s not working right (when it works)!

Many of us are still not able to get live weather at all after our first flight without rebooting the sim. This needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

Hey Jayne – is the UK update still on target for next week?

Road map is still available! You can view the web-friendly version here: Development Roadmap - Microsoft Flight Simulator

There hasn’t been an update to it which is why it hasn’t show up in the last two dev updates. Based on feedback though, we may include it just for those looking to view it even if it isn’t being updated yet.

3 Likes

UK update still on target for 1/26!

2 Likes

There is a bug created for this being triaged, though that is not reflected on the Feedback Snapshot.

1 Like