Discussion: January 7th, 2021 Development Update

Holy Guacamole. I wasn’t expecting to show up on a dev update when I posted that screenshot on Discord. Thanks for the honor!

3 Likes

Sorry to call it out – but it is a SHAME that now 5 months in, LOD/Photogrammetry issues, which have been in the top 5/top 10 voted bugs is now on backlog. What is going on?!

I know this will sound corny-as-all-heck but having Jayne with us, interacting, feels like interacting with a rock star / movie star or somehting. I’m so sorry to gush, but I couldn’t keep it in. I definitely have a frown when someone criticizes something that’s already documented.

1 Like

Does “terrain spikes and mesh problems” equal the crevices/un-natural creepy ditches around Tucson?

Where is the development roadmap?

3 Likes

Will the KIAD payware scenery work if I buy it off Simmarket?

So no mention of the node based particle system that they have been going on about for past 5 months ?

1 Like

this makes the sim look so bad vs xp11 or p3d above 10000ft. Come on guys FIX it !!

Is there any update on the creeping water line? Similair to the terrain spikes, I personally see it everytime l fly over cost lines.
Is it wrapped up in the display mesh issue?

Node based particle system, still coming or?

Line across horizon bug, any closer to a fix, or, it’s un-fixable?

4 Likes

Yeah exactly, that node based particle system has somewhat disappeared from the blog updates since December. I hope @Jummivana has some information from the developers about this as it was long awaited feature to enable community to create awesome effects for the sim

2 Likes

I really like the long term commitment in the developer update. At least one of the requested features are estimated to begin with in 2023. I know that an estimate that far into the future is likely going to be re-estimated, but it shows that it is planned to work on this simulator for a long time - and I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please elaborate with detail why you decided to post a comment like that. We really want to help you.

because of issues with KIAD. I was also sad like him when Aerosoft postponed CRJ release

Can someone please list the 15 available aircraft? I am not aware of these 15 titles.
The 7 in the store now are not really new.
Also a list of the 60 something announced ones would be nice.
So we can plan our purchases… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I solved installing the new nvidea drivers, not it says to install again version 1.12.13.0

as @EvidencePlz said I’m sad about the postponed release of KIAD… And yes for the CRJ too :wink: but that was another thread

@IcedLeaf1377528

It’s an Navdata update

Any update on Official Liveries from Microsoft/Asobo? I understand liveries have already been packaged but there are so many of them from different publishers.

I am really hoping we get a update soon about it.

Good news!
Can you inform me if the flybywire Airbus A32NX most recent version was damaged by this update?