Discussion: June 3rd, 2021 Development Update

Turbulence was tuned down, wing drop when encountering turbulence, wind shear, vertical drafts. Even wind gusts seem to be broken now. Only in MSFS I can fly into any thunderstorm with little to no effect.

3 Likes

Thousand of people are using the plane daily. I highly recommend you read trough the manual or go to the official Aerosoft CRJ Forum to get help, obviously you are doing something wrong.

My apologies for my attempt to use humor to open a discussion. Regarding the flight model, if you pick an aircraft with a flight path marker (FPM), you can perform this simple experiment. Fly straight and level, then roll your wings back and forth. Notice the arc that the FPM follows across screen. Imagine you are in a boat with a keel. On the keel is a mast that reaches up in front of the pilot. On the mast is the FPM. This is correct for a boat, perhaps, but not an aircraft. The FPM is the fly by wire system telling you where your vectors are pointing. You roll the aircraft around an axis that runs from the pilot’s eyes through the center of the FPM. I know the center of gravity is, on paper, below the pilot’s seat, but when you fly the FPM, you roll the aircraft around the FPM and the pilot’s eye level. The keel prevents a boat from rolling like that. An aircraft can do it by nature. I hope this helps.

Super excited for the performance changes. I am an optimist. Here’s hoping things are much improved soon!

2 Likes

For my education - which other two aircraft did he do? Are they also on the Marketplace?

The Eurofighter AKA The Flying Turd

1 Like

Hah! The only military plane in the sim I don’t currently own (in the marketplace). I checked a review and the plane at the time had the missile launchers backwards. Not sure if it’s still that way, but WOW.

1 Like

He also did the MiG-15 and the F-18. They are both disasters. He got freeware or cheap external models from some source (same one the freeware MiG-15 on fs.to uses) and did some minor work to make them “flyable”
 They don’t fly anything at all like the aircraft they are supposed to represent and most things in the cockpit don’t work. Random issues like gear not retracting, spoilers being backwards, etc
 And like I said, they are not compatible with each other because he uses the same name “Old Reliable Aircraft” as the SimObjects name. He sent me the “custom” fix a month or so ago that fixes it but still hasn’t fixed the SimMarket versions.

He is a total hack. He also sells his Google rips on SimMarket.

1 Like

That’s just bonkers. Meanwhile, the Corsair still isn’t on the marketplace, but this guy’s planes are? Wild.

Blockquote
This build does not include any content changes but has significant performance updates we’d love for you to try out and provide feedback on.

Love the sound of that! :blush:

1 Like

Are the Performance improvents for the next world Update this Month, or the next sim update in july?

Any ideas when they will open the registration for the beta?

World updates tend to mostly be content related, so expect anything significant in the inner workings of the core sim itself to be in the sim updates.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.