Discussion: Live Developer Q&A – Nov 2020

I put a lot of the answers here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/archives/live-dev-answers/215

And will upload the VOD with timestamps to each question by next week. Thanks everyone!!

9 Likes

This is one of the best MSFS developer question and answer events ever. CM Jayne did exceptionally well today with asking the questions. Thank you honorable Mr. Jorg and devs from the bottom of our hearts for announcing the upcoming UK world update. It made me so excited, specially when Mr. Jorg mentioned England, Liverpool and EGGP.

We also heard from them about some awesome upcoming development strategies for third party aircraft & mod developers, navdata update frequency, automation issues and Charts+. The Twitch moderators did an amazing job with chat-monitoring and keeping it under control too. It’s hard work but well-executed today by the whole team.

Thank you everyone at Microsoft, Asobo and partner companies for making our dreams come true. It means a lot to us aviation and flight simulation aficionados. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Yes, CPU optimization is included in the update, but they were honest that many people won’t see the improvement.

1 Like

Did you also notice that they only fixed a few of them because the rest they don’t know where they are at as the Earth is big? They need screenshots with locations. Send it via Zendesk with a link to this post.

3 Likes

Many things explaining in details, ATC, AI traffic data bug, sim update coming, night light it’s on going process and why, ongoing cpu optimization and why, Bing update, 3rd party, VR ready in December for everyone, water mask explained why and how\when, clouds pixel explained why\cpu related, scenery gateway system, and new surprise in December etc…

I hope this will stop speculation from users, some was awfully wrong.

7 Likes

@Jummivana - thanks for your tireless work on moderating those sessions. I caught the last two minutes live with Martial having the ending comments, but when I ran the replay to get caught up on the whole session, it cut off around 1:08:00 or so. Don’t know if that’s just because the replay is still being filed or something else. Thought you should know because he gets cut off with about two minutes to go or so.

2 Likes

The thread for taxiway signs has been closed because Asobo discussed the Scenery Gateway System today, but please note that the size of readability of taxiway signs was also briefly mentioned by the OP in that thread. The size and readability of taxiway signs is a problem in itself. Should we make a separate thread for the size and readability of taxiway signs?

3 Likes

Just a big Thank You, Jane, for the present format and notably for the written summaries. Not everyone is able to understand all of the more or less well spoken English in the Q&A.

Overall, I think there are good times ahead, while I fully enjoy what we have right now.

4 Likes

So, what will we get on sim update 2, just the VR?

Martial mentioned Sim Update 2 will include VR and a heavier focus on airliners including 2 new tutorials for the A320.

5 Likes

Thanks for the Q&A today. Personally I thought it was the best one yet and with Jorg and Martial paying attention to the chat it felt like they were more engaged with the community.

Things might not be perfect and you can’t please everyone but we’re very lucky to have this much transparency and access to the Devs to understand various mechanics and roadmap items.

I would definitely be on board with extending it by 30 mins.

13 Likes

I second that time change. Ninety minutes would give them the time to explain things without feeling pressured or rushed.

Jayne: Consider giving them the list of questions to follow so they are prepared and they can discuss the questions with their team? Thanks for being a great moderator and helping them to stay on track.

Communication, is the key to success!

4 Likes

Glad to hear that the UK (my home country) will be getting an update. That is super-cool! I am avoiding flying there at the minute as there is still a bug with the weird, towerblock buildings all over the place…

2 Likes

I agree. Love these sessions and we truly appreciate all the hard work the team has put in.

And @Jummivana, great job as usual running the chat. It’s super awesome to have this family of sim super passionate about aviation!!

2 Likes

Great Q&A. Couldn’t watch live, but some great info. I think moving to monthly updates makes a lot of sense and it defnitely feels as if the team are getting on top of this and in control. I still think a lot of the issues people have is with either mods, controller setup duplication or plain pilot error. I like the honesty and realistic timetable now, and it’s clear that the sim is really moving forward in the right direction. For me it is stable, getting better visually, and a lot of the AP bugs etc are gradually getting smoothed out. All good!

Did you try refreshing your cache?

I am wonder that this 3 guys never hear something about grainy clouds and shadow flickering cockpits. Start at 00:59 min. There are hundreds of Threads here in the forum about this problems. There seems to be a connection problem with MS and Asobo…?

You heard wrong about the clouds.
They stated that it’s always been like this (it’s a result of the way they render clouds), and that they haven’t changed anything about the cloud rendering in the patches.

They also stated it might differ depending on lighting / atmospheric conditions.

They might be able to improve it in the future, and will look into it further.

3 Likes

great work, love the transparency of the team. well done Jayne @Jummivana also, good interview and representative of the forum