Discussion: Live Developer Q&A – Nov 2020

Indeed very good Q&A! I am really happy to see this level of engagement with the community, never seen something like this before . I’m pretty confident Microsoft and Asobo will make the best sim we ever had!
Thank you Microsoft and Asobo for this :hugs:

2 Likes

Thought it was a fantastic session, great work from everyone involved! Really made me even more excited for things to come and the direction of MSFS!

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

This was a really awesome Q&A session. Really like the slight format change, you hit many of the top items that have been discussed in the forums, and also got into some things that we didn’t know about and therefore didn’t ask.

Highly enlightening and very entertaining!

1 Like

Excellent Q/A and thank you MSFS Team

1 Like

Just to add my appreciation for a very informative Q&A. They are going to slightly slower release cadence, which is great. They are working on improving several key areas and the communication is excellent.

1 Like

They had a decent Twitch viewership count too, nearly 1000 viewers I almost noticed.

Not bad for a niche genre.

1 Like

Any word on the broken autopilot for the A320? I find it troublesome that we haven’t heard anything about a patch for this a day in.

Thank you. This was a great Q&A session.

Did they answer anything about their BROKEN planes ?? Or did they just ignored it??

I regularly fly in UK (most frequented routes: EGGP-EGLC, EGGP-EGPN, EGTB-EGGP) and never saw what you’re referring to. Have you made sure everything is downloaded in your content manager? There is a couple files in there related to procedural buildings in Japan and after each MS/Asobo update you have to download them again for the weird buildings to go away.

Yes, everything in my content manager is up-to-date. The issue that I mention here is not with the huge towerblocks, but with smaller ‘office’ type buildings, where there should be farms etc. It was discussed in the original ‘Giant Buildings’ thread. See the post by KJKerr from October the 18th, which is exactly what I am talking about:

:slight_smile:

Gotta say, Jummivana did a much improved job with the interrogation. Logical grouping of questions, full explanations of questions with examples. Very nice. Do it again.

3 Likes

Warning, I’m partially trolling in good faith here :pray: :grin:

To all the “experts” & “veteran” devs & tech managers out there (some must be real ones in here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) :
Is it just me, or does this Q&A sounds much more like a z**m meeting that we would all normally have at work, with our teams ?
Showing slides and explaining them all to the audience. I mean laying out definitions & structure, in-depth topics. Being bold about presenting (pretty) long term plans for items that are quite huge and for which people shouldn’t expect too much (in a good way - aka being conservative). Not committing too much, ending the “damage control” mode. This is soooo nice and promising !

Note: Anyway I’m really enjoying those Q&A sessions, especially this one :+1: to the 4 musketeers :heart:

4 Likes

Many thanks and kudos to MS & Asobo for another update and answers to pertinent questions. They don’t hide behind websites and forums.

If only all the large scale devs in the world would take note of what Asobo & MS are doing here with these sessions and emulate it.

This is the future of communication between devs and customer base.

3 Likes

There was a lot of talk yesterday about what each sim update will bring. Do we have a (official) list somewhere?

Lots of timescales in the latest bugs/wishes snapshots:

Not complete, though I guess.

1 Like

The list of questions with answers can be found at the bottom of this forum in “Live Dev Answers”:
Latest Archives/Live Dev Answers topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The development roadmap is found at the top of this forum in News & Announcements:
Latest Community/News and Announcements topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thank you for answering my question about the ATIS. Pleased to hear it has been acknowledged and worked on. Look forward to the Feb update.

I send them a ticket via Zendesk. And mabye you misunderstood my tone: I wasnt mad or complaining, just wanted to give location where this bug still occurs as Jorg directly asked for user reports in the Q&A stream. :slight_smile:

Ah I see. Well UK is getting a major world update in January as has been announced in the latest developer QnA so let’s hope it gets sorted.

1 Like