Discussion: March 2nd Hotfix [1.13.17.0]

The graphics are so much worse now ugh UNBELIEVABLE!

EDIT: my bad, I accidentally booted FSX.

51 Likes

But ā€œBGL backward compatibility issue with light rowsā€ is literally the issue causing taxiway lights all over the place.
The new lightrows do not work on scenery create with previous versions of the SDK.

1 Like

You had me there for a second

5 Likes

Looks good so far, no bouncing on the runway when landing in the C172 Steam gauge version, and no waving to the crew on the International Space Station when selecting one notch of flap, ground and take off roll feels like it should in the sim, this was an issue I thought had been introduced with the flap bug, aircraft now feel they have inertia, thanks for the fix guys! :slight_smile: Time to backup my system!

3 Likes

Hello TemperedPaper48,

Thank you for asking, Iā€™m adding this to the release note thread.
For most users, the update will only be done on the Microsoft Store or Steam without anyhting esle to download.

2 Likes

Hope they didnā€™t take out the ground effect entirely, thoughā€¦

As I understand it, I believe so - I think @OlieTsubasa443 can clarify this a bit more.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but arenā€™t the light rows what he is referring to? Those are in the patch notes.

I got the update message when starting the sim, not knowing there was a hotfix. While MS Store began downloading the 1 GB update I read that I had to delete the manually changed packages and decided to cancel the download and do this first.

Now this seems to have uninstalled and deleted the complete simulator and I will have to downlaod 163 GB again. How can that happen?

Just to be sure

I got a 3xx mb download on Steam, but nothing to download ingame (like every other update)

Didnt changed/fixed the problem for any plane before the hotfix

Ingame its showing 1.13.17

Everything should be fine?

Yep, you are fine. I got the same 300-something MB Steam update, and no ingame updates. I took a test flight, and all is well. Flaps are back in working order.

2 Likes

AFAIK, you should be fine !

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t be the case. I would restart your computer and retry the Microsoft Store download again.

Does anyone know if WT or FBW are going to issue a hotfix to remove the hotfix they introduced following WU3 to address the flaps issue, now that Asobo have released a hotfix that should render other hotfixes redundant? I would hate if the effect was to double-up, and now the flaps produce no additional liftā€¦

This is one of the many reasons why all these user mods should be on the in-game market place. I for one refuse to install anything not in the marketplaceā€¦ just my takeā€¦

1 Like

FBW have already mentioned on their discord they are working on a hotfix and it will be available soon. No word from WT yet, but likely they too will be reverting any changes to their model.

FBW has already released the fix for the fix.

2 Likes

Itā€™s fine. Just flew my standardized (as well as I can get it) test flight, C172 G1000 is behaving as expected.

I did and also rebooted the PC. At first I was relieved as it only downloaded the update again. But when trying to start the simā€¦Complete download necessary. Everything on C was deleted.

To be fair this is a common issue with the installer. Donā€™t think a computer restart will help.