Discussion: Patch 1.15.10

A patch is available for download! More details here:

Feel free to discuss the patch here. Thanks!

20 Likes

Just going to say that the 300 beta testers may not be enough for each major patch release. While the 300 beta testers caught other bugs that were fixed before the last patch, this livery bug for multiplayers was missed by the 300 beta testers. Hopefully, Asobo can consider expanding the number of beta testers for future patches. An “opt in” beta test that players can opt in or not opt in would be optimal as that would allow anyone from the player base to opt into the the beta, which would lead to way more than 300 beta testers.

In any case, please continue the beta testing for each major patch release and hopefully, more than 300 beta testers can be involved in the next beta test for a patch release.

18 Likes

I honestly get nervous every time a patch or update is launched.

Also, I don’t understand what it means we need to download the .exe file?

20 Likes

They already explained why and what will happens.

4 Likes

This is why you need a comprehensive beta testing plan. All other major games use beta testing before they release major patches. The good thing is, Asobo used a 300 beta testing team for last patch that supposedly caught some major bugs that were fixed before last patch. But it seems that 300 beta testers is still not enough if they missed the livery multiplayer bug.

can confirm so far it all seems fixed even the boot time increased

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! The last “beta” test was unique and the process won’t be the same moving forward. Look out for more details in tomorrow’s Dev Update. :slight_smile:

34 Likes
  1. Who said the 300 testers didn’t catch the bug? Perhaps Asobo didn’t have time to fix it.

2. They already explained the 300 testers was just a test run to see what they need to improve before they open it for more testers or perhaps even everybody.

17 Likes

Without saying too much, we caught some bugs, but obviously not all. Also we could only see other beta testers on MP.

10 Likes

Glad that live weather got a bit of love :ok_hand:

13 Likes

Yeah… I’m sure it’s totally fixed! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe it is…although it says “improve accuracy”

Seamless and easy update though. Launch sim, redirected to store, 1Gb download, good to go

3 Likes

Usual MSFS2020 forum positivity I see :joy:

27 Likes

I play always offline just with AI traffic, I just updated and now I have the impression that it is much less fluid :thinking:

That’s great news, while I’ve not been affected others have, so this was most welcome! Keep up the good work!

It will be interesting to see what with live weather has been fixed / improved. Since SU3 (and prior to this patch) what was shown on the world map / flight planner didn’t even remotely match the actual weather in the sim. Hopefully that gets rectified.

Unfortunately I’m at work so I won’t get to test this myself till later today.

3 Likes

As for any update, make sure that your GPU soft did not automatically changed your graphics preset - Just to be on a safe side, it’s better to double check this as we’ve seen this several times.
If this is the case, make sure to untick the Automatic optimization box!

11 Likes

Download the exe file: Nothing special. When you start MSFS, it says you have to update it by the Microsoft Store.
It leads you automatically to the correct location and all you have to do is click update all.

3 Likes

I think his nervousness due to updates has less to do with the mechanics of how to update and more about what new potentially game-breaking bugs a new patch will introduce.

That’s how I’ve been feeling about it for the last several updates. I start with a functional sim that works relatively smoothly, a new patch comes out, and all of a sudden a bunch of stuff that worked fine before is now broken. Or that I lost 10+ fps from my pre-patch performance. That’s what makes me nervous with each new patch or update.

13 Likes