Discussion: Patch 1.15.10

Hello,

some update for ESC with control axes throttle problem. This bug is presented only at ground. Sitting on APN with engines ON, ESC to menu for options, back ESC to sim and throttle goes to 50%. In flight this bug isn’t, after ESC and same procedure all is ok.

You use one screen ? Or two/three screens… I’ve seen blackouts with other software’s splash screens when I use two monitors.

Nope. One monitor. Game behaves normally after that, not sure why the France splash screens disappeared. But I have bad feelings about that. Maybe I’ll try to restore from WS

It happens to me also some times. But nevertheless the Program is still completely started. You miss nothing, exept the Slideschow until the Welcome screen comes up. Just start the Programm again and the slideshow ist back.

It depends on what plane you are flying. There is a services section in the airplane.cfg file, at least I think that’s the file, and you say turn on/off things like pb tugs, marshals etc.

It’s even worse when I switch to another part of the world. Some flights I’m now waiting 5 minutes… seriously annoying… I guess it’s some kind of server delay, or data is coming in too slow, when it suddenly has to swap all the data it had for something totally new.

I’m guessing you have a pretty big community folder? The community folder has a huge impact on loading times. Get rid of unused mods, or better yet, use an addon manager to disable mods you won’t be using on your current flights.

1 Like

No, just the FBW A320, and only recently. I’m not talking startup times by the way, but the time it takes after creating a flight. Click ‘fly’ - wait - click ‘fly now’. That wait… sometimes it’s pretty quick, if I start a new flight in the area I recently flew in. And sometimes it takes minutes, with the blue bar all the way at the end and you start wondering if it’s hanging or not.

I didn’t notice these delays before this patch.

Might just be part of the A320 moving to it’s own separate airplane / flight management system.

I notice the same longer waiting times with the CRJ (which also has its own bespoke FMS), so I’m guessing it’s connected to that.

I think the FBW A320 went to its own separate airplane around the same time as the patch released.

Could be I guess. But I noticed the delay already before I had the A320 installed. That’s why I think it’s not related. But maybe in general it is when you switch planes? I did do that I think before all these tremendous waits. And I switched to another part of the planet. That’s why I think it might be a server/data problem somewhere.

Well anyway… don’t think there’s a fix… will have to endure it…

The top 1/16 inch (about 1.5mm) of my Bravo Throttle movement is 50%, is it MSFS or the Bravo potentiometer? I keep trying every FS setting and hoping that the next FS update fixes it. I’m ready to send the Bravo Throttle back for repair.

Type “Set up USB game controllers” in Windows search bar, select your Bravo, and click Properties.
Move the throttles and you should be able to easily find out if the hardware is OK.

I too, like you and others have noticed that there does seem to be noticeably longer loading times after selecting the aircraft, location, etc and then hitting “Fly”. Sometimes it does indeed appear like the sim has “hung”. I don’t remember this in previous versions…

But just for the record, I don’t have anything in my community folder AND I have off-loaded many of the default aircraft that I just never fly, bespoke airports, etc. to get my MSFS size down to around 95GB.

This had no noticeable effect on those frustratingly long load times for me.

UPDATE:
Whoops - I mispoke myself! Although I had nothing directly installed in my community folder, I nevertheless had a considerable number of add-ons that were linked there.
After turning off those links, there is a very definite decrease in my flight load-up times!
Something worth trying for others out there…

I’m getting CTD on 3 for 3 flights with this hotfix and the latest Windows updates, and Nvidia drivers installed. No changes at all since the last update, computer was untouched for 2 weeks on vacation and I come back to this. I literally never had CTDs before this outside of very well known scenery conflicts that were resolved/removed well prior to this.

LSZS-LFPO - CTD on final approach to Rwy 24
LFPO-EGGP - CTDs on 2 attempts of this flight, shortly after cruise around the English channel crossing

This is the error report from the Windows Events manager, the “WTF.dll” seems appropriate haha:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6087d3ea
Faulting module name: WTF.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fc6a5fe
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000029f18
Faulting process id: 0x2c24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74b117c9d0504
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WTF.dll
Report Id: 7fc3afd8-02ef-4e17-bb15-2235ce190bcc
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

WTF.dll is part of iTunes?

I have no idea, I definitely don’t have anything Apple installed. This is a clean MSFS closed box system.

I have MSFS (MS Store) Installed, and cannot find any trace of wtf.dll on my PC.
(because it is Hidden !! )

Only Google reference I can easily find for it is associated with Itunes.

Looking a little deeper, and it can be discovered, as well as it’s uses.

I have the Steam version of MFS and under ..\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator I also find the WTF.dll. There is nothing from Apple in the properties of the file. Also opened in the HEX-Editor you find nothing about Apple, but only entries with “schemas-microsoft-com”. Why would iTunes copy a file to the MFS folder? Besides, iTunes has never been installed on my computer. The file belongs to Flight Simulator Launcher. Probably the file just happens to have the same name.

There is indeed a WTF.DLL in the MSFS folder. Surprisingly, this DLL is not signed neither does it have proper file details. This is pretty bad.

Peeking into it indicates it’s part of the “Coherent” toolset which is from a third party provider.
Asobo is using several libraries from them.

Including the one crashing all the time in VCRUNTIME :wink:

I just checked my MSFS installation, as well as the rest of my drives.
There is NO “WTF.dll” file anywhere on my computer!

Also, I haven’t had a CTD since the first week I installed it last year, which was due entirely to my incorrectly configured page file! (I had turned it off.)

I am curious to know which 3rd party provider is installing WTF.dll, so that I can avoid that unhappy result in my sim!

Thanks!