Discussion: Patch 1.7.14.0 Update

The long patch wait is over.
A big fix mainly for people with downloading & crash issues. Something that should have been fixed much more quickly.
Mot much else of any significance. Quite a disappointment.

18 Likes

The Store also has an update, but the patch notes say to just relaunch. :thinking:

As always, there will be a lot of hidden improvements. Don’t be so sad.

2 Likes

I think this patch has a lot to offer. Other issues can wait. Installation and major performance downfalls were fixed. The team can now hopefully move onto fixing more in-game issues you’re concerned about. Some people weren’t even able to play!

12 Likes

… and is there a risk putting the community stuff back in afterwards assuming we take it out just before the patch … they should give clear instructions?

1 Like

Steam shows it has no updates for this game.
Starting the game goes to checking for updates then loads the game as always. Has no updates.
???

The game will send you back to the store to get the update… so do the update in the store

7 Likes

Not much significance? The Simconnect stutter fix is a very much needed.

4 Likes

Same for me. No update on Steam.

It did the store update and then an in game update for me. 333Mb in the store, 87Kb in game. Loading up now…

3 Likes

Yep, nothing on Steam yet (UK)

Steam version just launches the same game, which gets the patch right from Microsoft’s own servers.

1 Like

PSA: the update is 333.2 MB.

3 Likes

Hi
How can I check if the patch has been installed ?
I have just restarted MSFS twice but the after the check for updates there is no message.
In content manager there is an item: core content mandatory packages by Asobo Studio flagged as relaunch the game to update, that remains in this state
How can I know the version and release installed?
Thanks

No update for me from a steam bought version either in UK. Gets to the checking for updates bit, but just carries on with no update found.

1 Like

Yeah i’ve launched the game a couple of times and nothing happens.

There are 13 items listed in the patch notes. I’m Not sure how you can be disappointed by that progress in 2 weeks time. Just imagine 13 more things they can fix in the next 2 weeks…

13 Likes

Alt enter, then you see the version number at the top of the window

Do it via MS Store.

1 Like

My version number shows as 1.7.14.0 now

2 Likes