Discussion: Patch 1.8.3.0 Update

Mine seems fixed and working

Very impressed with the giant hit list of bugs/improvements addressed in today’s patch! Bit concerned with your internal QA teams effectiveness though, unless the game state at launch was well known to be fairly off the mark initially haha :wink:

also how do i get the weather thing up on the tool bar? it wont let me enable it, even if i take other things i dont use off of it

That might be the issue here, too. I get that same message. They are right about the overall conditions (rain, clear, snow etc) but the cloud layers are wrong and don’t match what Foreflight shows in terms of pressure and cloud cover.

1 Like

So in summary, MACH/KNOT switch doesn’t work and is stuck in MACH. When on an ILS approach when I engage the flaps the plane starts climbing fast and the plane A320 is still swaying!!! I thought this patch improved the Autopilot. Before I was just about able to land the plane if I disengaged the Autopilot now with the flap surge I can’t land at all. This has to be fixed right away or the game is not playable.

1 Like

I was having that happen as well, but after this patch it seemed to work fine. I’ll try it again though lol

I’m sorry, but speaking as a software developer, there is simply no excuse for introducing the bug that broke the A320. All anyone had to do was attempt to fly the airplane from a cold start, which should be part of Asobo’s QA process. Yes, this is a complicated application, but managing complexity is a core element of software development training. We do not expect patches to be perfect, but we also don’t expect them to break existing features; particularly in such an egregious fashion as the A320 engine shutdown bug. Asobo should be embarrassed by the level of unprofessionalism demonstrated by shipping this bug.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll look into that after I grab a bite to eat at A&W in Jakarta. Thanks!

Confirming ATIS still gives bogus and incorrect weather. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

You got that right, my friend.

It seems many users are getting better performance/FPS which is wonderful. I am truly happy for them (seriously- no sarcasm here). I believe my performance is slightly better but, to be honest, it was pretty good before, but even if I get 100FPS it wouldn’t matter because so many things still don’t work.

So here’s what I have as bugs so far after a couple of flights (and I haven’t even gotten to the airliners yet):

1- Autoplilot is not fixed satisfactorily. On one boot I could not get the autopliot in the TMB930 to erngage no matter what- “Z” key, manually pressing button, etc. Then I reloaded the flight and it worked but kept shutting itself off, even while cruising.
2- The VS wheel to increase and decrease vertical speed instead increased and decreased Speed and the plane didn’t even have an autothrottle!.
3- IFR plan from Boston KBOS to JFK. ATC got me to the waypoints but never told me to descend. In fact, at about 20 miles out it had me ascend from 8,000 to 18, 000 ft. !!

So we definitely have a lot of work left. You would think, after acknowledging in-flight issues, including Autopliot, to be fixed in this update, that these obvious bugs would not still be present.
My confidence level is waning
).

1 Like

my games constatly crashes since the update, I can’t even play 5 min

I fully reinstall the game after deleting folders and it keeps crashing

I deleted the cache and it still crashes

Any idea ?

4 Likes

Oooo Update

Im not sure you understand how the autopilot works in the TMB. That vertical speed wheel will set either -/+ VS which will pitch the nose until the chosen feet per minute is reached or it controls the chosen speed at which the aircraft will attempt to stay at by pitching the nose.

3 Likes

The updater using like 90% of my GPU, stressing it out
 while downloading an update. Off to a great start!

2 Likes

Did you change your flight location or was it on initial startup of the sim?

The game now crashes to the desktop about 5 mins after starting a flight. I never had issues with it crashing before the update. :frowning:

3 Likes

A possible reason is that this problem is intermittent. I haven’t experienced it so far. I highly doubt those saying it has issues are lying, though. But I, and others, haven’t experienced these issues
yet. So it’s entirely possible that nobody on the QA team experienced them.

1 Like

You have got to be kidding me with this “patch”.

Nearly 12 gig, and I get into my G36, the altitude knob you say you added doesn’t exist, the autopilot throws the plane into a deep dive to the right, and then on approach at Koksijde crashes me to desktop.

None of those things happened before, what the hell?

1 Like

Loaded up at KATL and it’s definitely not like that here. What I have noticed is on the menu screen the sim keeps reverting back to a weather preset even though your last flight was with Live Weather. That might be happening to you. Suggest checking before launching each flight to make sure Live Weather is enabled.

1 Like

No, it didn’t. Still has 5700lbs of fuel maximum so this thing isn’t going far at all. Zendesk says I reported this 22 days ago