Discussion: Patch 1.8.3.0 Update

Feel free to use this topic to discuss the latest sim update.

FAQ

Where can I read the patch/release notes?

The link above contains the release notes.

Where can I find out about known issues?

At the top of the forum there is a link titled “Known Issues”
The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to enter window mode and the game version number is at the top of the window. The version number is also available in game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon, top right and the version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

It should be safe to leave files in the community folder. However there is no problem in moving the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch.

What is the file size of the update?

The main app update is approx 677 MB and the downloadable content when you run the sim is approx 15.7GB Note the size of the update depends on the version of the game you have purchased. Don’t be alarmed if the update is smaller

Why was the bug/issue I have not included in the patch notes?

The patch notes don’t mention everything that has been updated. If you are still experienceing a bug/issue then file a ticket on Zendesk, using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.
This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

How do I see my FPS?

The quickest way to see FPS is to go Options>General>Developers>Developer Mode On (Remember to click apply and save F11)
Then from the new menu tool bar select Options>Display FPS

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

Best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

40 Likes

Wow ,thats a lot of fixes !

19 Likes

Wow, this is great! Nice to see the weather bug fixed and tons of other things!

3 Likes

Omg omg omg. Someone download this and test this with an RTX 3080 ASAP!!!

11 Likes

Will do tomorrow or whenever I get my hands on one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It seem it doesn’t correct the problem with the different prices in the MarketPlace, so Steam users will still have to pay more due to prices not being regionalized for Steam users.

Still no logbook fix?

1 Like

A little disappointed that the autopilot doubling back to last way-point on approach activation has not been fixed yet :frowning:

28 Likes

Optimized cockpit screen display when screens are not displayed on screen.

I just want to point out the beauty of this sentence. :smile:

79 Likes

:joy:

that is an incredible sentence

1 Like

Hrm, no info on new AIRAC cycles

10 Likes

Looks like no fixes for the broken ATC? Contant handoffs and poor vectoring?

9 Likes

the patch is not downloading for me. It should automatically download when I start the sim, right?

Now just got to wait on 15GB patch to finish downloading. I removed the FPS fix files to see how the game behaves without them. Hopefully it’s much more stable

5 Likes

Dear Microsoft/Asobo,

I love you.

26 Likes

You are the best! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Ohhhh this was the best omg! Thank you for this long patch notes

2 Likes

No Steam update yet? Last time it took half an hour or something before it got released.

For me I was prompted to update the app in the Microsoft store first (650Mb) and then when launching the game again I am.asked to download 15.69Gb

3 Likes