Discussion: Patch 1.8.3.0 Update

Thx guys for this patch update now. We all knowing the problems of these actually update. But the only one thing is good, I think the load screen is a little bit faster. All the other once are be not good.

1 Like

Bots took it all so sadly nope I never even got the buy button

Me and my brother thought this bs would be iorned out before long, well my brother died this morning waiting on a fix. I guess my bro will never know, and before he passed he told me to shelve this sim. Think i will.

Yeah, I often forget to make a tighter turn if I know I’m turning into a tail wind. :smile:

If you don’t have any other problems like this stupid icon, it doesn’t matter how it looks! :roll_eyes:

Sentence of the year right here:

“Optimized cockpit screen display when screens are not displayed on screen.”

Performance seems a bit worse so far after this patch.

1 Like

I agree it looks a bit rubbish. However, more importantly, it encourages people to use Active Pause which I really hope eveyone knows is NOT the way to pause the game in order to be able to do anything useful (programme FMS, use the drone, go to the bathroom) and come back and find your plane in one piece. The way to do that is SET PAUSE ON and SET PAUSE OFF.

See this post for details. Active pause should be banned:

Other than that, the update is working brilliantly for me.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the flying mammoths in Skyrim. Lots of games have issues like this

I think that that would be a Steam issue as they control the prices on their site.

I’ve had swaying since the beginning and discovered that if i changed from Legacy flight model to Modern and clicked assisted landing then the swaying stopped. I only found this out when the a320 went crazy after the patch.

yep, it tanks

Any word on development update? Normally drops by now but haven’t noticed it yet.

Yes, nothing yet. Hopefully a sign they acknowledge all the many problems caused by this patch and also its installation issues.

1 Like

Yea I can’t see how they can just ignore it. Just acknowledgment goes such a long way for the many of us that complain. Im getting ready to start the update I’m keeping my fingers crossed as everything performance wise has gone pretty well for me.

Thanks for your help. I removed everything in the community folder and restarted the sim. Once it started with no problem I slowly added things back in. So far so good.

1 Like

The update has dropped for sept 17th and it is a ■■■■■■■ joke! They are completely tonedeaf. Expect an update on a new patch on Sept 24th
 All I can say is wow

1 Like

After rebooting the game, the alternate liveries are back but the changes I had made to AI aircraft were wiped out. Easy to fix that. Still not sure whether the changes wrought by the NX have taken.

So glad i can help, I was going through the issue of not being able to input origin and dest airports in the fmc of the 787 and A320 until i figured to remove the community folder to determine the culprit, it was one of the mods to improve the frame rate in the glass cockpit, once i removed it all worked well again. I added everything else back and working great.

Top corner of the Microsoft Store, that arrow next to your user icon. Click that and you’ll get to Downloads and Updates. Or, if that’s not there, those three dots (
) and the first option

That will open this screen where you’ll see that you have an update available.

Download, install, and launch FS and you should get the notifcation for a patch.

1 Like