Discussion: Patch Version 1.14.6.0

I can’t speak or myself. I only fly GA. My son only flies the modded A320 though. And he’s seeing nice improvements all around.

1 Like

experiencing the same here and super smooth performance. 8700k OC, 3090 and 32gb RAM

That’s about where I’m at too. I had two successful flights today, so I decided to go get the Seminole and see if it is behaving any better post-patch. Nope.

So I took it up anyway, and did loops until I stressed the aircraft enough to crash. :smiley:

I went to uninstall it, and found that Carenado released a patch for it on 22 March. So now - appropriately - I am patching the crashed PA44.

:joy:

1 Like

If you have an AMD Radeon GPU try a different driver. Make sure the driver is from early Nov 2020 or earlier.

Make sure you also use the AMD driver removal tool if this is your situation. Good luck!

Looks like this patch has been a great success. Obviously not everythign fixed, but my experience has been vastly improved. Really stress tested it with a long 6 hour flight and cranked the sim rate up to max. Pre patch, this rapidly filled all available memory and ground the sim to a termianl halt. Even pre SU3 the FPS whilst doing this took a drop down to mid teens (but recovered when returning to normal speed. Didn’t see any of those issues with this flight - and the FPS when advancing the sim rate stayed around 30 FPS - never seen that before. Was often getting above 50 FPS, and not seen that for a long time. Also super smooth.

I took a few screenshots on my round the world thread:

3 Likes

Nice. I tried the default a320 at my home airport LAX flew around a bit mainly ultra settings render scale 80% Terrain detail 130% Object detail 120% OpenXR 100%. Small stutters especially around downtown but did see improvements. Community folder was empty.

I then pasted my full community folder back in the sim with a320nx at KIAD and it was a bit stutter especially around AI traffic (I was 5th in position). After takeoff and banking left i experienced the stutter good amount but after passing the airport the smoothness was back and more. Now cruising FL380 very smooth.

I think the a320nx texture is FPS hungry and I’m certain once I reach SoCal area I’ll be experiencing a lot of stutter especially on approach and landing as I have before.

I’m at 2000 feet over LA right now with my C172. Overall it’s smoother than I’ve seen in a long time. I am getting some odd pauses, hiccups and stutters occasionally, also around the downtown core. Fairly smooth otherwise though. Heading towards LAX now to swing in for a landing at SMO. Holding a pretty steady 25 fps. I haven’t had over 20 fps over LA since before WU3. So I guess despite not having my pre WU3 level of performance, there are improvements nonetheless.

2 Likes

LAX itself is a stutterfest though. FPS dropped to 12 and it was a slide show. Nothing smooth or consistent about that. I won’t be going back there any time soon. lol

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. Especially given that LA is dense. And that’s exactly what I experienced (mini hiccups and occasional stutters) with the default a320 to test after the update but did seem smoother overall.

Go Land at Hawthorne municipal, we’ll head over to In N Out near LAX’s Runway 24R

Do you have rolling cache enabled, and if you do, did you fly back to see if it was any better?

1 Like

Ah there it is, so you’re still getting low FPS. I love the area but dread the stutter fest. I hope they can optimize that area and the likes

No cache. I’m going to try manually caching the area to see if it helps though. OVerall though, it was impressive. The performance as the airport though, not so much. Short of my pre SU3 issues, this is by far the worst performance I’e had over KLAX ever. Even landing at KSMO was only marginally better.

I have a feeling that KLAX itself isn’t very well optimized. The airport looks great, but I have a feeling it needs a re-work. It’s always been bad, but right now, it’s the worst I’ve seen.

2 Likes

If you’ve got the space, try rolling cache and increasing it. I have mine set at 100gb and that’s plenty for a good size city. It’ll be a stutterfest on your first pass around, but once the scenery is cached, it usually smooths out for me.

My specs:
I9 9900K @5ghz all cores with HT enabled
64 GB of RAM @3600MHZ
z390 Aorus Master mother board
Samsung Evo 970 512GB SSD
RTX 3090 Asus Tuf OC edition
PSU Corsair AX 1000W
Brand new Windows 10 pro installation (all drivers and bios updated)

I have a path for benchmarking in Manhattam which I measure with MSI Afterburner Benchmark tool

Here are the results from November 2020

Average framerate : 38.9 FPS
Minimum framerate : 29.7 FPS
Maximum framerate : 46.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 22.2 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 7.4 FPS

Compared to (version 1.14.5.0)

Average framerate : 33.0 FPS
Minimum framerate : 16.9 FPS
Maximum framerate : 38.7 FPS
1% low framerate : 16.3 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 8.0 FPS

Latest patch (version 1.14.6.0)

Average framerate : 30.1 FPS
Minimum framerate : 20.1 FPS
Maximum framerate : 39.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 15.8 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 8.2 FPS

Same settings in game, all on Ultra except for Building Details that is on High and Objects level of detail that is on 100.

Same thing here for me, patch didn’t help much. Still looking for a solution.

1 Like

For me, rolling cache does exactly the opposite of what it should. It causes bad quality PG, stuttering and pauses as chunks of PG data slowly draw in, and everything just runs ike hot garbage. Manual tends to work well though for areas I visit often.

Well anyone can give figures like that, but it is what it is a list of figures…:man_shrugging:

London is still a bit of an FPS killer - 15-20 here. But it’s smoothish, not too stuttery and sticky. Still, not that flyable.

New York a little better at 25-30 but definitely a bit stuttery

A bit stuttery over LA, but 30-35 FPS here - away from the city centre area, much smoother though

1 Like

After the update I flew from Headcorn (a stutterfest for me) to Farnborough, and 99% was stutter free, in fact it felt smoother than ever, may be a placebo effect after the recent poor performance I’ve experienced. I do have rolling cache off, as I did before, but I did have 2 instances of stutters that lasted for a couple of seconds enroute, but overall, very happy…

5 Likes

Well definitely pre UK update was really the best ever pefromacne for me as well. Sure now is smoother although sometimes it stutters but lesser than before. However this is now one step ahead and they already said, not all performance issues have been fixed which means they are aware of the other issues and working on them. Let’s hope this will get sorted out in future updates

I’m about to try flying over London. I haven’t been able to check out the UK update since I was getting about 5 fps over London after the update. We’ll see how that goes. lol