Discussion: Patch Version 1.14.6.0

I hope you are wrong and they will address, but sadly I fear you are correct.

1 Like

The patch fixed everything the majority of us were having issues with. But the main thread would consistently take a dump every 30 seconds, which made the sim freeze for a second or two. After a clean install of the OSā€¦first since its release, and an (obvious) fresh install of the sim, I can finally fly again.

The only bad part of this was due to the decompressing of files not always working, I had to stop the installer, delete some files, let the sim download them again, and then attempt the decompress again. I did this over and over and over. I more less downloaded the sim nearly 3x and had to babysit the install for its entirety.

I couldnā€™t imaging having to do this with Deluxe or Premium editions. I feel sorry for the new people who had deal with these unexpected problems.

Well at least Iā€™m flying againā€¦for nowā€¦

Yes, I gave up after a million tries, all ending up in download loops until my harddrive was completely stuffed, CTD and then start from the beginning. I uninstalled MSFS completely and I donā€™t bother reinstalling it anytime soon, that was the last straw for me unfortunately.

Excellent question! I have been experimenting to try to determine that, myself, but also apprehensive that I might mess things up in the process.

So far with this new patch, I have determined that increasing my FPS cap in MSFS up by 10 FPS increments until that point where the GPU first starts staying in the 100% area for more than say a few seconds, I stop increasing it! That seems to be getting me the smoothest, jitter and stutter free performance, for now.

On my GTX 1050ti, running at the MSFS ā€œMediumā€ graphics setting, my FPS now seems quite happy set to 30. At 40, my GPU remains maxed out almost constantly, and begins stuttering. Before this patch, I was pretty much mired down at 20!

Yayyy, Asobo!!

I accept your point of course but the problem is that the VR is still not as good as it was and the a/c systems are also suffering as a result of poor performance.

At present, imo the sim is simply not capable of functioning as a serious IFR simulator.

I always miss the graphics of FS2020 when I fly IFR in XP11 but the truth is that I get a much better IFR experience when flying the Toliss A319 and using Pilot2ATC in XP11. I can also use the Navigraph charts in VR, something that is not possible with FS2020.

All the above function well together and performance is great. I do not believe that FS2020 would ever be able to satisfactorily handle all the above, no matter how much they tinker with the ā€˜performanceā€™.

Hence my opinion as to why 2020 is still a mess. Your opinion of course may be different

The patch fixed my issues with the game pausing and then becoming a slideshow of about 2-5 fps for up to a minute at a time so Iā€™m pleased. Cheers!

2 Likes

I have noticed a couple of things myself.
VSync is better now when set to 20, you get 20 not ten, when set to 30, you get 30 and not 15, when set to 60 hmmm never got before and never got after, but 35 yeah not all the time but sometimes.
Photogrammetry loads in better,
When set rolling cache off less pixellated

i like to share with you simpilots because iā€™m glad to see most of you are happy campers on the hotfix, though
Few of us are feel still lost and abbandonned, left with stutters and lags for them i feel sorry, Specially because Jorg mentioned in the recently QA ā€œNo pilot will be left behindā€, somewhere at the end of the video, and i hope they wonā€™t.

I must say i have been good since the installation of this hotfix.
But before i fired up microsoft store to get the hotfix, i checked the location where the games .Dll files are stored.
This i did because i wanted to make sure my flightsimulator.exe, was set back to normal as it was, (yes i did the temporally sollution for the stutterings to set the scaling and dpi thing),
it was dated like all files in this directory on march the 4th 2021.
The fun thing i found is that i only could reach this flightsimulator.exe if i use the search bar in Windows because the windowapps directory i could not open due to permissions requirance.
Anyway after the hotfix i noticed that the date i mentioned earlier in my post had been changed to march the 5th 2021. And though it is the 27th of march 2021 today i found this odd peculiar.

Now what i did to avoid microstutters before the hotfix was also add some winds, to losening the hips of msfs, to my feeling it gave some elastisity to the sim.

I know this is not what the fellowsimmers would have wanted this kind of sollution, but have fate in the devs teams and know they will deliver, the clouds came back to.

Best of regards

Sebastian

Sorry to hear youā€™re having such difficulties. But I can also empathize since I was quite close to just wiping MSFS and forgetting about it for a few months.

For as much joy as this simulator has brought me, itā€™s also brought an equal, if not greater amount of anger and frustration when Iā€™m constantly trying to change things around to make things work. Itā€™s almost like being married again. lol

5 Likes

If XP12 sorts shading and weatherā€¦ if MSFS sorts stability and settles FPS were in for a battle royal of sims

1 Like

CTDā€™d at landing in Zurich for the first time in 5 months, stutters and freezing was still present.
landing at EDDM was smooth tho.
there seem to be still some issues.

1 Like

Just about to get airborne and the dreaded CTD Exception code: 0xc0000005
First time ever for me.
Off to try againā€¦

1 Like

For me thereā€™s a little problem with ATC in 1.14.6.0.

@ LFRB -where i fly a lot-, When wind comes from the west ATC ask to takeoff to the eastā€¦ with wind in tail ! And if the wind is from east itā€™s again with wind in tail, to westā€¦

Example : wind come from the 279 I have to use runway 7R or if it comes from 96 I have to use the 25L !

Iā€™m in trouble with this.

you are absolutely right. the first sim version was the best ever. with each update something is cut off and tms waits to see if something is noticed. it even goes so far that aircraft systems have been cut. at the diamond, among other things, the Garmin still does not work and remains black. joystick configurations no longer work and some of them have to be reassigned. the case is clear: all because of the x-box. there is no more money from me, you can switch off marketplace, i no longer need it.

3 Likes

I fixed my NVidia by installing the stock drivers, now its working great. If your going to reinstall your drivers get DDU off of github and follow the instructions that come with it. It will get rid of all traces of your past video drivers even in the reg. Once I did that and reinstalled the NVidia Standard Driver (not the crappy DCH ones) its working great. At least for the moment.

When I started after the patch we weā€™re running 5-15 and all the above procedure Ive been at 40ish all day even in big citiesā€¦

Hope this helpā€¦remember disconnect from the internet when you do this or Windows might install the driver faster then you can.

Yep itā€™s tragic, there was a brief period when I think we all thought this sim really was going to be the future, but I think itā€™s back to what we all originally thought it would be when it was announced. The XBOX thing is so correct, and it is completely ruining the sim for us.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not though. The new XBox packs a lot better hardware than most laptops/pcā€™s people run the sim on. I keep hearing this argument, but it makes zero sense.
Stop trying to find a scape-goat. Itā€™s really not very beneficial for anyone or anything.

4 Likes

Now I cannot get flying - app starts and after I try to do anything it crashes - 0xc0000005 - 3 times tonight.

1.14.6.0 works great for me. I am very satisfied. Everything is nice and smooth again. It can stay like this. I never had CTDs. Not with my old and not with my new PC (both self-built). So far, good work Asobo, many thanks and thumbs up.

1 Like

At the end of the day, itā€™s completely up to you. I was having issues once (my gamertag got corrupt, and steam and MS were both pointing fingers at each other, but nobody fixed it, so I just bought another copy and washed my hands of the problem), and I must have redownloaded it at least half a dozen times throughout the troubleshooting processes. Yeah, it probably took about 20 minutes each time, give or take, so I just found something else to do.

But Iā€™d strongly encourage you to wait for your memory upgrade, run it without overclocks (overclocks are called that for a reason, and just because theyā€™re hunky dory on Tuesday and not on Wednesday, well, sometimes thatā€™s how it goes, there are no guarantees), and pull the settings down more than what you already have. If after doing all that itā€™s still a problem, and the zen desk canā€™t help you figure it out, then itā€™s up to you if you try to keep it or not.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the fix! I got better frame rates. The stuttering ceased.

Nice work! Keep it up!

1 Like