Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

I did a double stage thing to update. went into XBox App which said ‘update available’. I installed that update by hitting ‘install update’ in the app, it then said launch FS, which I did fom the app then FS launched with a mandatory update message and the main update happend or I should say still is happening as it’s 33GB worth of data.

Ah ok, I see. Yeah no external mods on Xbox kinda sucks. Hopefully they’ll allow it sometime, because it’s really the foundation of the community. The store mods leave a lot to be disired at the moment.

In the Known Issues section of the patchnotes it does say that if you start up the Volocopter cold and dark then the glass cockpit stuff doesn’t work. I had a quick flight straight from a runway with everything turned on and the glass cockpit was on at least.

1 Like

Uninstall them in the content manager

But why do ye change this?

Really pleased about the F/A-18 HUD being fully collimated. Looks great. Hope 3rd party devs will be able to easily implement it for their products.

You can buy each plane from the Reno expansion individually. There are bundle discounts if you buy an entire class of planes or the Full Collection.

I don’t know about whether they have they have fixed it now but previously I’ve had to limit FPS every time to avoid my 3090 being killed. Just updating sends my hotspot to 105 degrees! I’ve been frame limited the last month to 32 fps in game anyway for smooth VR performance and my temps are always nice and low now. But previously my computer would sound like a plane taking off doing the updates, its’ crazy.

It was noted in the Release Notes as a Known Bug, but is still very disappointing that it could not be corrected before the release when it was likely caught early on given how much that toolbar is needed in VR to interact with the sim. Maybe we get lucky and it’s a hotfix item if there are other things that surface in the coming days.

1 Like

Well that makes it better. Still a little misleading, but not quite so bad if that’s the case. As long as that’s clearly listed that this would be the price for all items separately, then that’s cool. I hope they clarify that, as currently, that makes it look like it’s a limited time sale.

Does not show update In xbox app either

It’s just marketing bullcrap lol they can say it’s “worth” whatever they like.

1 Like

not helpful, I want to skip downloading them altogether…

3 Likes

Must be on your end. Mine works.

Trim is broken again (C172).

So, there is no way of opening the VR toolbar items? That would pretty much kill the sim for me… Are there maybe some keyboard hotkeys?

try cloudflare warp , it helps me a bit , now i’m at 11 mbits/s instead of 3mbits/s

I laughed when I saw that. You can’t throw a price tag no one would ever pay and then discount if 80% and expect it to be taken seriously.

2 Likes

I have had this bug since SU6…about 75% of the time it defaults the Assistance Options all back to Easy. Zendesk bug reported. Maybe it will get fixed someday, but it’s a 30 second annoyance that I have grown used to now most times I start up the sim.

1 Like

DDR5 5600 MHZ

For me flying the F18 everything was stuttering and FPS dropped down to 3-4 FPS. Switched back to DX11 and no problems.