Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

Makes perfect sense, thank you.

Jim-Sim

Interesting. Thanks for the info, though!

I often rant too, but the performance and optics are fine for me. (DX11) Is still slightly overexposed, but I have to test another time of day. I havenā€™t seen the morphing of coasts and mountains so far, fine.
Only the Haze in VR is a bit intrusive. Especially in the Pimax. because different levels are rendered on both eyes due to the non-WFOV support. Very tiring after a while.

I urgently hope that WFOV will finally be touched soon.

Noticed some interesting issues with sound, while flying the CJ4 WT. Also some weird error state it got into, which disappeared when I turned off DX12 Preview and reflew the flight.

Itā€™s good that I can use TrackIR but annoying that everytime you pause TrackIR, it recenters itā€™s display and you need to enable TrackIR in the floating menu/camera option.
I hope this gets addressed soon.

Very subjective, I really donā€™t see the issue here, let alone calling it ā€œbrokenā€.

Hello,
Does anyone have a problem with the terrestrial globe or with the fly by wire A32X and the FMC to enter the departure and arrival airport?

Unfortunately there are still problems with the real-time weather. Clear skies and not even the old trick (disable and re-enable live weather).

And I often try and see the positive side. This update has been a mixed bag until now though, mostly because of all the changes in the controls they introduced. It seems the VR controller introduction has broken (yes, I really used that word, lol) mouse controls in VR. There are workarounds, but it is a pain now to fly VR because of it. I am not seeing any performance degradation, on the contrary, both 2d and VR seem even smoother than I had before. Then again I do limit my fps to 30 in the Nvidia control panel.

Reg the haze I donā€™t really know, my first thought is that we are now in the fall season in northern hemisphere and it actually is really common, so not too bothered about that, I actually like it, thus far if Iā€™m honest.

And I am really impressed by Helsinki PG, finally finally the city looks exactly like it is, been my dream for a long time to experience that in a flightsim.

2 Likes

The fact is that for some people, like me, there is absolutely no impact on the performance. Itā€™s even slightly better.
Midrange PC (Alienware i7 10700k, RTX2060S, 2560x1440, 16Go), 100Go in the community. I never try to get more than 30fps, itā€™s widely enough for a civilian sim !
The global visual quality seems to be improved, notably photogrammetry, I find the weather even better.
I got the same bugs than everyone (brutal weather transitions sometimes, awful ATC but itā€™s not new, and all the aircraft mods slightly broken) but I find the result positive.
Itā€™s a question of days to get it more stable with all the add ons repaired.

2 Likes

Are you using it with the Xbox controller or Hotas?

Itā€™s really nice that we donā€™t have to argue. :joy: :beer:

Yes, VR controller - I had concerns beforehand. I switched ingame to ā€œmouseā€. after sorting all the settings, it works for me as before.

Iā€™ve got the haze everywhere Iā€™ve flown. Hawaii, USA, DE, Bahamas. With the Pimax it is only very noticeable, because the canted displays constantly shimmer large areas, sometimes in one eye, then in the other. Makes you very tired.
Justable gamma would be nice.

But other than that, apart from certain flight models, Iā€™m pretty happy.

1 Like

Did you mean to respond to the other guy?

Having issues in Uk have selected GOTY Edition Xbox Game Pass on pc i have ultimate and its still saying unable to launch the sim.

I have updated download which was another 2gb on top of the sim updated the other day 3.4 gb but still cant play

Dx12 looks pretty amazing. Itā€™s pretty smooth running for me except for a few stutters here and there. Iā€™ve been really lucky with my I5-9300 and GTX 1650 laptop running at 1080p and most settings at ultra. Never thought it would be such an awesome laptop. The clouds look amazing on this update. Unfortunately I have had some CTDs. 3 so far but on DX11.

1 Like

full update was about 33gb give or take depending on platform?

Well, it just worked, I donā€™t know why but it didā€¦

No. You said that Xbox crashes with a mouse. I was just wondering if you use a flight stick or controller with the mouse.
If you have a Hotas flight stick are we able to use the top fire aim control as a mouse control

Asobo purposely forced SU7 on its customers KNOWING that TrackIR was broken in SU7.

Thanks, Asobo! MSFS 2020 is now unplayable for TrackIR users.

Wasnā€™t getting the update, found out Halo Infinite was also broken and also not updating. Somehow figured out Xbox Gaming Services update broke on my PC and now after removing it via Powershell and reinstalling it, the update is now pushing through. So if anyone MSFS hadnā€™t updated, try reinstalling Xbox gaming services. A quick guide can be found via Google search.

Funny aside to the TrackIr issue ā€¦ press F12 is the advise ā€¦ oh the default screen shot button for Steam that I changed to something else over a year ago?

My TrackIr center has been Numberpad ā€œ/ā€ forever lol