Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

I solved this issue I had by deleting the keybinds I had set my cam presets on and reprogrammed them.

This was the issue:

I use my numpad for this and pre SU7 the numpad buttons had different names.
For example numpad button 4 was num left and now with SU7 it is named as num4.

This resulted in not being able to either program or load my cam views previous set with SU6.

Cheers Mark

This is because you had NUM LOCK on when you bound that button one time, and then NUM LOCK off the other time. The sim treats “4” as two different keys, so always check to make sure NUM LOCK is on or off depending on how you originally set it.

I speak from experience :yum:

3 Likes

Really, omg😓
I feel so dumb :joy:

Thanks anyway, I will keep that one in mind when it happens in the future :+1:t3:

Installed SU7 yesterday, including content manager and was flying my favorite test routes, all good. Today, 24hrs later, I fired up the sim and was greeted by another mandatory update of roughly 6GB (splash screen, not content manager) which I’m now downloading. Anyone else with this?

Very disappointed after a long and hyped up wait. I can no longer take off and land any planes due to throttle and rudder being uncontrollable. The SDK has introduced new false errors that prevent me from saving any changes. Old airports that I created successfully can no longer be modified due to these false errors. Please give your customers a way to revert to SU6 and SDK 0.14.1

Really? I have been taking off and landing today without any issues with throttle and rudder though. Are you quite sure you depict the issues you have truthfully?

Yes I “truthfully” have tested with several default planes and have had the same results. Why would I make this up? MSFS 2020 is the best simulator in so many ways. I just hate to see a half baked update get released before its been adequately tested. Can you spell R-E-C-A-L-L?

Downloading and installing the update went well. However, there are some annoying bugs that should be looked at.

• Tearing / pixellation in the upper part of the screen in the cockpit view when panning the image.
  • Runway lights and PAPI are randomly missing at airports when flying to a destination.
  • Assistance settings are reset to Easy when I start the simulator.
  • Cockpit click spots seems to be off.

The METAR function and the weather look good. I wish it could be searched for ICAO code instead of choosing from the list of nearest airports.

1 Like

Click spots on push buttons,switches, and knobs rhat are misaligned is really a pain.

1 Like

Maybe you are misinterpreting things, I have not seen anyone else complaining about the throttle and rudder, nor have I experienced it myself. You know, I’ve had issues with the sim in the past, and after checking here in the forums when nobody else has been complaining about the same, I have taken a closer look at my own setup and config and always found the culprit there.

1 Like

Check the assistance menu.
Assistence was set to easy with this update.

1 Like

Toolbar in VR completely broken
WorldMap broken
Fog poppin in and out during final breaking all the immersion

How can this pass Beta testing?
I can’t imagine nobody saw this.

Did they notice it and released anyway?
I can’t imagine that, that would be a total lack of respect.

I just don’t understand.
Happy Christmas with your broken sim.

2 Likes

I had to delete my rudder and throttle settings in Controls and reassign them to correct this problem.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Have you noticed next pilot position bug after the recent 1.21.13.0 update that was released 2 days ago? Noticed anything like freeze in the game?

I haven’t tried next pilot yet. The sim hasn’t froze on me yet either.

My gripe at the moment is that at night runway lights don’t show up. This happens the vast majority of the time. And they’ve gone backwards and made the black avionics screen bug worse. But I’ve been used to that problem for 3 months now and don’t envisage a quick fix, if at all.

Smooth update process.
Performance is same as SU6 on DX11, worse on DX12 beta.
No stopper bugs for me, night lighting detail is better than SU6.

Except these thing (what I’ve found so far):

Tested real fog now, in Venice (Italy):

And at vertical FL100 aprox, at the same point:

5 Likes

Read somewhere that disabling Gamma in Nvidia control panel might help.

Is there any workaround for the inability to move UI (like ATC window) in VR? I cannot move it with the mouse, nor with a controller. To be honest I cannot do anything with it - even close.