Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

whoooop whoooop … :rofl:

come to Québec, its SKC
problem gone :rofl:

1 Like

You are, of course, 100% Correct - My bad

1 Like

It’s worse than I thought. Just did a flight to Mendoza, reporting thunder storms and rain in the METAR, when I arrive what do I find, not a drop of rain, a few scattered clouds, but of course the unstoppable, impenetrable, great wall of smog. Visibility in the METAR is 4000m, I was getting less than 400m and had to hunt the runway in an A320.

Oh, and the weather radar is broken, no longer updates when you change the range for the navigation display, all the blobs just stay the same size n the same place.

Other treats were ATC saying things like ‘Airbus A3 Microsoft 20 at equals 2 slash W …I…N… D slash 90 equals…’

This cannot be left like this until the next update, whatever the popcorn guy thinks. I’ve reported the weather radar bug Weather radar range doesn't work

1 Like

Still no updates on the update? Its needed. Pls dont cook my gpu card. I can make egg omelet on it. Over 70 degree celsius just lingering in the menu is pretty disgusting flaw in the update.
Is there any place we can hear or read what the developers them selves say about all this?

I won’t worry too much about your card going over 70c as long its not in the mid 80s upper 90s you should be fine.

According to Meteoblue satellite and radar information it did not look too rainy in Mendoza, maybe check Bahia Blanca?

Just completed some flights after downloading the update. The new planes are fun.

They did indeed break the TrackIR. Had to use up a key to make it work without resetting.

Why the heck did they remove the ESC and ENTER keys for the resume, continue and fly buttons?

And what’s with all of the fog all over the place now?

Servers need to be scaled up for up to 72 hours of update. I was getting speeds of 4-5 Mbps with a 300Mbps connection. This update took me over 10 hours which is way more than when I first downloaded over 100Gb of sim back in August 2020!

When I installed updated packages from content manager about 3 days later, I got speeds of 100+ Mbps.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. In reality the lights are smaller and neither do they illuminate the turbines and most of them are flashing.

1 Like

Worst update since SU5? Clearly.
I’ll be in xplane until they fix all these issues.

Weather
I really like the addition of the fog/haze, have had some very nice dynamic bits of murky visibility flying around england in live weather. Clearly it needs tweaking but a good development.

Graphics/performance
It feels like the tree+building LOD/draw distances have been reduced quite a bit since SU6? When increasing the slider to get similar LOD as SU6 I feel I have worse performance. Part of this may be due to new weather effects but not sure. I also think there may be a slight deterioration in terrain light/shadow quality in VR compared to SU6 but again this could be due to weather changes, and have not done much weather toggling due to broken toolbar.

VR controllers
I am disappointed with the implementation so far, hopefully this can be improved soon. Specifically:
-Yoke movement does not match 1:1 with controller movement, Ie if I move my controller 2 inches higher, the yoke may move 4 inches. This is visible in the sim, ie the yoke moves away from the floating controller. This seems to be worse on some planes than others. Ideally allow us to set sensitivities but at minimum it should match the position of the controller.
-Sidestick/joystick aircraft - please let us tilt the controller to tilt the joystick, as this has many benefits I tried to explain here Tilt controller to tilt joystick?
It would be nice to be able to have the option to have the same tilt joystick control method even on yoke aircraft, so that I do not have to keep visually checking the position of the virtual yoke.
-Only one controller works at a time, and need to press a button to wake the other controller
-Seems to ocassionally swap between raycast and prox mode automatically. This is annoying as I may be using just the left controller (due to using physical joystick in my right hand, due to virtual joystick limitations above) but then need to find the right one to switch the left one back to prox.
-Haptic feedback not fully implemented on Quest 2 - I get vibrations as I hover over a button, but nothing if I actually press the button or turn the dial
-Rotating dials - they are moving in huge increments and with no haptic feedback.
-Seems to be some inconsistencies on how switches etc are implemented. Some of them toggle as soon as I press the trigger, some of them require to hold the trigger and move the controller. I personally prefer the second version, although it would probably be easier if a floating hand was modelled to make clear when the fingers are grabbed onto a switch, like in VTOL.
It would be really good if the devs could try a game like VTOL to see how all of the above are implemented in that game as it is outstanding.

New bugs
VR toolbar - please release a hotfix for this! It is a bit harsh to wait months for the next sim update.

Old bugs
Still shimmer on medium+far autogen buildings in VR at 100 render scale. Most noticeable since SU5 with buildings set to medium or higher
Still pop in of nearby airport objects like runway signs, even with high LOD settings
Still artifacts generated on horizon when looking up (tilting head up), since SU5. I havent seen others mention this so may just be a problem on my end somehow.

Thanks !

1 Like

no snow, no rain, humidity isn´t high as well …didn´t flew through clouds … but severe iceing in ECAM… tztztztzt …

1 Like

Cloud-Fog Banding this morning.

1 Like

these artifacts have not been able to fix for a long time

It looks not like color banding, it looks more like a kind of frequency interference problem.

I did two updates at once, gave FS a break for a time. Hadn’t touched since the last WU. Made me DL 104GB no matter the workaround I tried. Went quite fast 150mb/s (even the content manager updates at that speed, AWESOME!!!). Early thoughts… DX12 causes massive stuttering on the ground, occasional stuttering in DX11, but very playable. Kept my settings intact, full ultra with a 1.4 Res scale in 3440x1440, Terrain and Object LOD at 7.00. Noticed a new reflections option in General Settings, this is also cranked up. All in all I am quite pleased. Clouds look too low to the ground, but this is very well known. Clouds look way better then the last I played in early October, as does the sims graphics in general. I’m using the full brunt of my addons, which is quite extensive, and could very well be why I’m getting occasional stuttering. Will give another test with decreased LOD’s. Not at all interested in forking the bucks for the Reno air races. As to the stuttering, I go a couple mins smooth then have a 1 second freeze and/or some stutters then cleans up again. Does very much sound like an increased LOD loading issue, but can’t be sure till I test again.

Happy to be back

EDIT: Stutters almost completely gone, Nvidia control panel settings had reverted to default

Did you set the terrain pre-caching to ultra in the graphics settings? I remember having some stutters with other settings (by default medium after the SU6).

Thank you for your reply, yes I did. Just noticed my Nvidia control panel settings had reverted to default. Just updated those, this could very well be the answer. Will have to test and report back. I think especially Power Management mode from normal to Prefer maximum performance might be the key… fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Problem is solved!!! wooohooo, not completely smooth, but only a couple stutters in total in a 30min flight

1 Like