Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

They are working on the hotfixes. See Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

someone knows how to remove this, it no longer disappears, it stays fixed throughout the flight

Yes search the forums for the handle bar mod.

2 Likes

or wait til Friday/Monday

SU5 + Hotfix has been a disappointment for me. There is some improvements for FPS. I’m getting around 25 FPS at the larger airports like KLAX using the same graphics settings I used with SU4, a mixture of high and medium with LOD @ 100. The problem I am having is that I seemed to be locked into my SU4 settings. Changing LOD to 200 results in CTD right after FLY! Changing my parameters to ULTRA or just a few parameters to ULTRA also results in CTD. I will just keep using my SU4 settings.

I’m okay keeping my graphics at SU4. My disappointment in SU5 are the CTDs trying to change my graphics settings. This is a huge backward step from SU4. After SU4 was released, I tried changing (improving) my graphics. I would change my LOD to 3 or 4 to see if there was any improvement. I would change all my settings to ULTRA. My FPS dropped to 10 FPS or less. The FPS was awful but the graphics were awesome. And no CTDs. I hope this is fixed in the next hotfix. I’d love to try LOD at 200 just once without a crash! At least I have a workaround for my CTDs.

Things have changed, terrain LOD is no longer a scary animal.

[HOW-TO] Graphics Settings and Performance Guide (SU5 Complete Retest) (8/2/2021) - Student Pilots / Advanced Pilot Guides - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

If you have your GPU overclocked, go back to default settings. This solved the CTDs for me.

Not overclocked and have everything on low graphics settings

Removed OC solved the CTD issue !!!

Same here. I removed my OC and it fixed my CTD’s. Worth a try for anyone getting CTDs.

I got an altitude mismatch from the controller… 5000ft = 5300ft… Is the temp correct? Asian KL region nearly KLIA… flying the Diamond DA62 trying to complete the Jack of all Planes challenge…

That’s a know issue that will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regarding-your-feedback-upcoming-hotfix/436063

THanks. I have fixed the TBM930 problems and completed a flight. However, when i goto cessna 172 or caravan and others then I have the problem of the interior instrument panel showing GPS TERM and the external Showing GPS ENS and when you goto land with ils it does not work. I think I will have to uninstall MFS2020 completely and start again but I have no conviction it will be any different!

so I have been using FS2020 since the Alpha and this is the worst experience so far for me. I haven’t been able to get this working yet since Sim Update 5. I notice in the error log for FS2020 it has cannot open file but have no idea what file it cannot open. I’ve pretty much done all i can do except reinstall for the 5th time or so. Pretty bummed about this whole update. Basically it feels like this is trolling me now. :unamused:

1 Like

yeah i can’t get to the main menu lolz :sob:

A false system setting or essential service disabled possibly?

possibly but I haven’t been able to figure this out. Its really weird. I have seen a lot of issues with this sim but have always been able to resolve them in a short amount of time. This is different. Someone get Bill on the line.

Bills retired you need to speak to Melinda ;p ROFL

1 Like

Just flew the TBM for 2 hours. Performance is great. G3000 is working as expected too.

Update, flew the 172 for a couple hours on High-End graphics settings using a GTX 1660S. Spectacular!

I’m going to push it to Ultra for my next flight.

1 Like

@Nendail2020, did you get this problem solved? I am stuck on 1.18.13.0, too.