Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

Nah. Just a post saying that this hotfix actually didn’t patch anything for some reason.

As expected.

2 Likes

All Colorado peaks have had trees above tree line since at least mid-September, 2020 when I started using MSFS 2020. Go fly thru the saddle btwn Gray’s and Torrey’s and check out the conifers adorning the crests.

smh. I really wish I could refund it after almost a year. After this Update 5 I’m slowly giving up on this sim, it’s not gonna work with these guys. The question I keep asking myself is: do they even try it before launching? They are so amateur you can even notice while they do their lives

4 Likes

don’t be so dramatic…

3 Likes

Yesss :cry:… and my setting is ultra :upside_down_face:

before the SU5 I was getting 50-60 fps. with a mix of a high & ultra setting. after SU5 update the same with the high setting but the cost of graphic… very disappointed.

1 Like

@Jummivana

If I try to start the game, it tells me that a mandatory update is required and I should download it via MS Store.
But the store does not offer me the download.

I already restarted the PC, logged of and on from the store, but I still get not offered the update. :frowning:

Any further hints?

Thanks

… Update
Well, after randomly clicking on check for updates, the update is downloading.
Cross fingers, that some bugs are solved.

1 Like

ok thanks for the heads-up. I think there are tons of problems they still need to solve. Apart from the obvious frustration to paying customers, I feel really sorry for the developers of third-party addons.

they are pushing an update, check back in a few

For real??

Well this is entirely hopeless.

After MANY CTD’s and BSODs over the last couple of days, for no apparent reason, last evening the sim started up and allowed me to do a flight without crashing.

I did a 6 hour flight in the TBM with nice smooth framerates, and it was noticeable in the Task Manager that the historically over busy last CPU core was no longer being thrashed within an inch of its life. All the work was fairly evenly spread across all cores.

Things were good for a while - well 6 hours actually.

Then I started a descent into an airport in a desert, so not much in the way of trees of buildings to draw, but the sim started to load up the last core again and my FPS dropped down to around 8-13FPS and the sim became a very jerky thing to operate.

So I abandoned that flight and started a new one.

Still the last core was getting hammered and the FPS was low and jerky.

So I restarted the sim.

After that, when I try to start a new flight, after pressing the FLY button, a few seconds later, with the progress bar only about halfway across the screen, the CPU usage drops to virtually NIL and the sim locks up. Totally repeatable.

So now I cannot fly at all!

This is beyond the pale. There seems to be no quality control on these releases, and I am starting to get fed up to the teeth with it.

So much promise. But the opposite is delivered.

It took Asobo a year to find the fix for tree drawing. So many of us had reported this for over a year since alpha, and were basically ignored. Actually Asobo didn’t even find the reason for it. Some people in the forums actually had to show them what was wrong.

All this new optimisation is good. Very good. But it is obviously far from release quality code at this time, and we are yet again the beta testers, paying for the privilege.

Asobo are making it very hard to love this sim. You certainly could never organise a sim party - the sim might not work on that day.

Oh and can we lose the horrid new monster wide runway markers on the World Map. Finally we have a decent(ish) map, but if you zoom in to see where the parking places are, most of the airport is obliterated by these ugly runway markers.

It’s pretty much exactly a year ago today that Asobo suddenly announced that the pre-release beta test phase was to be just 3 weeks, leading up to the 18th Aug 2020 launch. At the time we all cried foul.

We’re still crying it now.

8 Likes

where did you get that info? Haven’t seen any official announcements yet.

No issues with MSFS on XBOX, but it should be done without impacting existing paying PC users. One or two bugs is okay, but the scale of issues pc users are facing is mindboggling

5 Likes

I thought the hotfix would cure it but ASOBO’s amphib Cub still has fixed nose wheels and cannot be maneuvered on land. They should caster.

I thought people would read the release notes.

1 Like

what would they have revealed…?

Not sure if you use navigraph but installing this actually solved the issue. It was either this that fixed it or a coincidence and just restarting the sim did.

If you say that… it’s real. I checked also all system parameters with my high end rig and experienced the same as you. One flight at render scale 110@4K on Ultra and LODs 7 and 5 in .usercfg. 60HZ RGB 422 12 BIT was butter smooth. The rest was garbage. Stutters in game, stutters in the UI. In flight back to main menu freezing up.
The main thread went from 12ms up to 53ms if panning around. So limited nevertheless they stated they improved the main thread.

Update: Germany stutters and freezing (in flight back to main menu) , KMIA Florida runs like butter also in flight back to main menu. Also from in flight back to main menu work.
Maybe region related. @Jummivana

Where is this post?

Keep advising the same to as many as possible.

1 Like
  1. Rename the 100+ gb content download folder,
    to: :file_folder:name.old

2. Uninstall the game from the store

3. Rename the content download folder back,
    to: :file_folder:name

4. Install the game again from the store.

*You specify the “content” folder while installing the game:

1 Like