Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

Hey guys, I need your help. I am playing on Xbox Series X and I can not change the weather to “live weather”, keeps switching back to “clear skies”, do you know how to fix this problem? It is getting really annoying…

Turn off multiplayer, and all the live stuff, then restart the game and turn them back on, and it should work again. If you have live players selected for aircraft you cant change the weather, its set so everyone has the same weather, and that would be whatever the live weather is at the time, you kind of have to mess with it. So do the above and turn off live player (aircraft) for awhile and see if it changes.

1 Like

Yep I already turned off every live stuff, turned them back on, still have the same problem, but I’m gonna try to off the live air traffic and players. Thank you man

I can see why you have…For me this is my only flight sim that i have and iv paid lots for DLC airports ect…So ill stick it out and hope they sort this soon…

Iv just done a flight from EIDW (Dublin) to EGGW (Luton) in VR Pre set weather mind you, and it worked fine…Other times my flight plan messes up in flight/ ATC mess my approach up - decend then climb / Or there is something else that breaks

I love this sim on PC… when it works :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed that even after normal shutdown of MSFS, steam app does not recognize this and shows MSFS as running. so until steam is restarted, MSFS cannot be launched again

Why? You all are going to be sorry when the console port update comes. Its bloody disaster.

I noticed today in the Flight Planner, if you have the top selection set to the left you cant change the weather in the game. If you select the other two are selected then it works you might want to try just changing that one.

I would probably love it too, if it worked.
I’ve played almost every other MSFS, even the CFS, and they worked.
I mainly wanted to try this and fly with some friends that have it.
I may try it again when they fix it but until then I’ll stick to DCS.

I dont really understand that. Im planning my flight on the world map.

Yes in the world map, top right of the page is the weather box click on that and make the changes I mentioned above. I dont have the sim running at the moment or I would make some screenies for you…

Hm… my flights were fine the last days, but now I have the same old issue: sim works slower and slower over flight duration… after approx. 1,5 hrs on flight the sim is not usable anymore, FPS dropped feels like 10 or so

That would be really helpful if you could send me a screenshot of what you are talking about

According to my files and store, I am at latest release version. All W10 updates are installed as well. It does not stutter any more, still got way hotter GPU temps than I like, so when playing game turn fans up to max. Still need to practise and setup systems to see if I can bring those down. Otherwise it seems ok. Have NOT planned or executed long complex 787 flight, nor anything else. The 787 flys like no other plane I have experienced, even 747 seems to be more stable, and trim wheel seems to work as should.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Asobo needs to stop announcing release dates, then starting betas a few weeks before when it’s too late to actually fix issues that crop up. For a major release like SU5 it should have been tested for months.

IMO
Scott

3 Likes

And / or if major bugs are found during the betas they need to push back release.
Scott

1 Like

A simple rollback would solve so many problems for so many people. Shame is to be how it is right now.

5 Likes

The same happened to me. Testing with the new update what worked and what did not, disconnect both the city and its airport because it had CTD. London works without them. Hope ORBX can repair them as it did in previous situation.

Never had CTD before SU5 but just happened twice on new World Map while setting up a regular “milk run” from EGPE to EGBW. whats worse is while flying back to EGBW from the near south (I was distracted and overshot the airfield) a CTD shut down the Sim completely. This has never happened to me before SU5 and is totally unacceptable.I am also experiencing not just the odd “stutter” but random actual stoppages of up to a couple of seconds. I am not a computer “geek”, but it is obvious that MS/ASOBO have really messed up the Sim this time. I have a “high end system” bought especially for MSFS as it was reputed to be very “resource demanding” when it was first published.My configuration is the same, and my addons have not changed since before the update except I have reduced the scenery and texture graphic settings from Ultra to High.
Unless MSOBO get a grip very soon I’m off !..shame about the high powered PC…no doubt I can use it for something else.

Try turning the Clouds down to medium.