Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

Same problem here. Version remains on 1.18.13.0, no updates. No ideas left.

I’m getting really good performance for the most part, at least as good if not a little better than before the update, and I am able to put some settings at ultra now with no loss in FPS. I’m also not having any issues with CTD’s so far (which I’ve never had anyway), and I get mostly good visuals… except… for these really obvious polygons on the terrain that pop in and out randomly (and very annoyingly)…

This is near San Diego, CA., but I also see them in other areas of the world. Cranking up all the graphics settings to maximum has no effect. Otherwise, the visuals in this update look just as fantastic as before, but these polys… ugh… not cool, man. :frowning:

I fixed that by signing out of the store and signing back in!

Why users have to do that just for an update is beyond me though…

both SU5 and the hotfix are useless if the sim keeps on failing in so many areas

1 Like

No such luck here, unfortunately. After logging back in, the same sorry state: Version 1.18.13.0, no updates available. :frowning:

1 Like

maybe vpn?

I’ve had heaps of trouble since SU5. And a lot of it is ongoing.

That update issue I had to:
Install the XBOX app
Log OUT of the XBOX app
Delete the XBOX app
(Whether that did anything who knows)

Open the Store
Log out of the Store
Reset the store (either via settings or running WSReset)
Restart my router (power went out so that did it for me lol)
Restart the computer

I then ran the sim and it asked me to insert the disk!

So I shut that down and logged back into the MS Store
Then I checked the updates and it finally came up.

Anything else I tried just didn’t make it pop.

End users should never have to do all this to get a basic feature (update) working.

1 Like

Downloading updates. They don’t install. They delete themselves, then download again, and again.

Several gigs later, nothing.

Pathetic.

I know that people have issues with the update, but personally I tend to like the update.
Before the update I had CTD’s (driver timeout) mid flight and shortly before landing.
After the update I had only a few CTD’s, but they occured only in the menu. They are not to common and seem fixable. Most importantly, I can finally fly without fearing CTD’s with all my mods and better performance. Just completed a 2.5 hour flight in the A320 and did not even have any freezes (had them before).
On the other side, I also noticed many of the issues that other community members brought up, so if the devs can fix the most severe bugs in the upcoming hotfix and most smaller ones when the next WU arrives, I will be a very happy player.

Would someone please tell me where I can find the Thursday video schedules? I’d like to watch today’s if there is one. Thx

Yup you have to wonder how many complaints are down to their own internet hardware not that it should cause CTDs but there are some download and streaming issues that Microsoft and Asobo can’t do anything for.

Turn off multiplayer.

There is a schedule tab on this page.

Yes I dont think the CTD are internet related, but there is alot of things that got better here with the proper 3rd party equipment, that I see people crying about here. But they pay for super speed internet so the problem couldnt possible be on their end right! ;p

Oh wait its only Thursday I retract the wheres the patch comment LOL

Surely you don’t mean those who got gigabit connections just for MSFS when they say 50Mbps is ideal? … not those people?

Cool thanks!

I’ve tried everything. This sim before the update was amazing. It ran beautifully worked and ran great. I never had one crash before all this. Now it is totally unusable. Community folder was clear before I updated. I’ve cleared rolling cash went nuclear and Uninstaller and nothing. It’s a kick to the ■■■■■ to lose this sim . It was so great and now it’s gone and looking like it’s broke for good. The disappointment is huge

What I do in this situation is walk away from a while and wait for updates. They know they have CTD issues to sort out but it will take time.

They are working on the hotfixes. See Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix