Discussion + Poll: RENO

I believe you can turn off the indicators with the blue settings button just before the race, although I haven’t tried to see what each option does.

I am having issues with the planes in free flight They pitch and roll uncontrollably but are fine if I race online? Any one have a solution??
Also would be nice if we could free fly at the added scenery also like an airshow.

I posted this on a different topic. Rating system.

With the “ramming” I think that Asobo should do away with collision entirely. What i mean by this is you ghost through aircraft instead of hitting them. You will always get one player trying to ruin the game for others.

I do understand that, like me I want an authentic experience and i want collision physics turned on. The solution here is having the ability to join a lobby with the ability of have certain settings turned on or off. Also, have a rating system similar to grand turismo where there’s a player rating system. Players with high rating, A for example, can join a lobby with collision turned on. Lower rating C, for example cant.

Having this rating system will help new players to practice without consequence while more experienced players can enjoy a more authentic experience.

Points will need to be adjusted too, you get max points in an A rated lobby with slightly lower points in a C rated lobby.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

With the P-51, the rudder trim defaults hard right. I’ve found setting it back to zero before take off makes it fine to fly.

wow … didn’t expect this results …

very first “multi-player” race while “lowering” the prop pitch, I shattered my previous best lap time by ~3 secs and race time into the 7:30’s …

still more time to be found as I work on learning better course markers for initiating turns and course navigation …

The only way to improve in any thing, you have to invest the time and “Practice” until its like breathing … which also has its place in the cockpit, helps with your rhythm and smoothness, treating the flightstick like you were squeezing an egg. Avoiding the ant-hills and turning into “Humpty Dumpty” …

LOL

1 Like

Hello, i think right now, the player responsible for the collision is send behind the player he ran into. Of course they both lose places but i think it’s a price to pay and make the game much more exciting. I got pretty impressive adrenaline rushes while racing against 6+ players. If there wasn’t any collision, it would be far too easy.

Btw, i think Reno is pretty addictive. Been playing for a few days in VR and now my brain tricks me into feeling going left and right in the plane when i close my eyes… seriously, that’s crazy :grin:

1 Like

Btw, do you know if there is a discord dedicated to Reno Racing on FS? If not, that would be something great where pilots could meet, discuss and share experiences. Like a real racing community.

1 Like

Can I ask your opinion on the T6 sound please? I find that there is very little response in engine sound changes when I pull back the prop lever. After take off at full throttle and full prop, I ease the throttle back slightly, and then bring back the RPM. But, the prop lever has to come almost right back and the RPM has to be way down before the Asobo engine sound changes. Is this your experience in the sim also? And how does this compare with reality?

All planes are not equal! In the jet class, Pipsqueak dominates all the leaderboards. In the unlimited Voodo and Strega seem to have the advantage. I’m curious about what planes are available in the base package because if you want to race, you need top-performing planes. Racing is a blast!

they are all equal during race. you will only see a difference in time trial.

Interesting! I do notice that for the quickmatch leaderboard, the planes are not listed. The time trials are important for learning the behavior of the plane but clearly, in a race the best pilot wins. Thanks for the info.

so race is base DLC and time trial is pay to win?

Time trial is basically practice with a ghost of your best time. Leaderboard is dominated by the planes in the full pack.

Anyone know why the time trial top speed is a good 20kts slower for me than the racing speed? I’m full throttle and max prop setting on both with the P51.

As far as the add-on goes, I expected a lot more engine management, like the FSX one - preventing you from going full throttle the whole time or your engine would blow. Hope they add a more realistic mode in the future. As it stands it’s a fun and addictive arcade game.

1 Like

Hi ya’ll.
Yesterday I was #5 in T6 time trials and this am I was #1 because of an “exploit” I discovered trying to figure out what affects lap times and how I could improve. So this time has to be erased and the previous #5 restored. The exploit gave me another 20 mph and a fast first lap which hardly ever occurs as you know ( and when it does I know not why) . The exploit should be reported to Asobo without broadcasting it since could be used by anyone I believe. I don’t know if it could be active during a race and don’t really want to see. Just have it fixed and then they can tell you what it was. Also don’t know if used by others? Pls. advise how to proceed. Thanks.

OGWigs

1 Like

Overall dlc rating 3/10

1. an unbalanced reward system destroys all interest in the game after 2400 points in a category, and motivates not to start the race after reaching a high level, because you get 0 points for most races if you win, and lose dozens of points in one race if you lose. 2400 points is your end of the game. The game punishes you for your high rating and the higher the rating, the stronger the punishment. You cannot find out the rating of pilots in the race until you have completed the race.

2. the aircraft in the game are not equal in characteristics (although it was stated that the characteristics are equal), and you need to spend a lot of time to find these differences, since they are not described, arcade implementation of aircraft systems

3.The inability to turn off the sound in cutscenes before the race blows up the brain after several races

1. HUD in VR hides cockpit view and instruments and cannot be moved (only hide everything at once), this makes most Reno aircraft in VR unplayable if you want to see instruments.

5.Turbulent wake feels very unrealistic and too strong (I compare it with DCS as the standard of aerodynamics in flight sims)

1. Intentional collisions as a tactic to knock the leader out of the race
1 Like

Hiya. Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe rework to what i said. Only the player who hits you from behind should get penalised. How it is at the moment, is unfair that both players get chastised. I still think a rating system would be a great idea tho.

If you knew about the exploit already… I do find your post to be suspicious as in the “normal” course of trying to improve a lap time, my first thought would NOT try and find an exploit in the game if i was trying to find a legit way of improving a time. I think you knew about this exploit and tried it hence your statement “The exploit should be reported to Asobo without broadcasting it” and now trying to cover your tracks This exploit has been reported reported and times will be deleted.

Yeah, after losing twice while being in the top ten, i stopped racing unlimited, i even lost on purpose to stay under 2400 and wait for a full lobby to race again in hope to get the best score possible in one race. And I’m not even sure to win. I haven’t flew in jet neither since reaching over 2400, i just wait to get kicked out from the top 10 to eventually come back to race.

I don’t really understand the concept behind this.

VR experience is messed up and i think you even forgot to mention we don’t see qualification times in VR and god forbid you to press ctrl + tab right after qualification cause you will get stuck before the race even start… it happens to me, i wanted to see the result in qualification, ctrl + tab and then i couldn’t get into the race at all, lost 9 points on that one.

Well Chloe your insinuation is way off base . It was an attempt on my part to see what the affect of weather / wind would have on the sim since I could not see how anyone could obtain a time <~ 7.24/26 as now reported , by pilot skill, using any of the provided aircraft. Once propellor pitch and trim are optimized, as far as I could see, then pilot skill could get you down to this sort of time. Someone else in the forum was questioning the possible affect of weather and I wanted to investigate this on my own and was surprised to see on this single trial a weather that should be fixed could be altered, and with a major influence on the time. I don’t cheat but I’m really puzzled by a lot of the times if this thing is fair and the playing field level. I really don’t think that’s the case yet from what I’m seeing.

Thanks for eliminating the result of this test.

OG out