Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

I’ve done that a couple of times, bud, sorry :confused: Even had a new mouse in that time (with clean profiles etc), and totally rewiped and rebuilt the sim multiple times (on potato internet so it takes ~3 solid days).

It’s just one among many, but already whilst the WU updates are downloading that’s the first one I’ve noticed. It’s my go-to after every update. Same situation for friends and family - some had cloud issues that seem to have been fixed but they still have terrain holes to the centre of the earth in random places (semi-fixed in Dev Mode, but hardly a ‘fix’).

Basics…

Same here. I remained in the Beta (PC-Steam) and installed Studio Driver. No problems. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes, the FPS counter can be enabled from the Option menu.
FPS Counter this

1 Like

Recommended reading:

Why are some people so hung up on DX12 - Sim Update 10 BETA / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

The “new generation” of graphics APIs like DX12 trade complexity in the CPU-side programming for better efficiency in terms of use of available hardware. At the level that matters to us, that means the main thread CPU time should go down (with more work either moved to the GPU or to background CPU threads) and that may mean increased frame rates.

But the benefits will vary based on whether the CPU or GPU was your bottleneck before. CPU/main thread bottlenecks should improve with DX12, but if raw GPU power was the stopping point for frame rate, it won’t improve much.

1 Like

Matt Nischan confirmed as such: SU 10 is out! - Page 5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

"The memory management driver feature is automatically enabled by the sim if you are in the new driver, in SU10. There is no additional action or patch required by the sim team.

Again, just to be 100% clear on this:
- If you are not on the new driver, the sim will not attempt to engage the DX12 driver memory management feature
- If you are on the new driver, DX12 driver memory management will be enabled by the sim"

4 Likes

On the main menu a slider tile to Top Gun.

1 Like

Turned out the culprit was OXR Toolkit :slight_smile:

The release version of SU10 should be identical to the last beta.

Very disappointed with the weather radar data. None of the developers are going to be able to make a proper weather radar with it. Did they even consult with them?

2 Likes

I’m very disappointed. The first beta was excellent but subsequent comes were nothing like as good. This seems to have been from memory optimization being removed due to a driver bug. (A bug that didn’t affect my system)

I had hoped that there would be a new driver and a new beta with the performance back in. The only new graphics driver has the MSFS bug listed as an unresolved issue, and the release version of SU10 is the same as the last beta: one that has relatively poor performance.

I guess Asobo and Microsoft were unable to wait for Nvidia to bring out a driver with the fix. In fairness, it’s a big step forward from SU9 but it’s a sizeable step back from SU10 Beta 1.

I wonder if that means we’ll have to wait for SU11 or maybe there will be a patch release of MSFS when Nvidia fix their driver. The trouble with that is we really ought to have a beta of that.

Got the same driver and I see no improvement. Also - there’s absolutely no multithreading.

1 Like

See above Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0) - #273 by lwtxb , the latest just-released Nvidia studio driver has the fix for MSFS apparently, and I’m pretty sure the game-ready version of the Nvidia driver will be out very soon. Not sure if MSFS SU10 only enables the DX12 optimization path if it detects game-ready drivers though.

1 Like

So would you say DX12 is better than DX11 right now? Or as good as the first beta build?

thank you very much for the update from Athens !

Downloading now. NL

This inconsistency thing between users with this sim is beyond confounding.

With 516.94, just last week I had poor performance with DX12. If I sat parked and didn’t touch the sim, the FPS was stable, but when I panned the camera or put the aircraft in motion, it would just tank heavily.

That went away with 517.40.

I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Still nothing. :frowning:

Minus 10 fps from SU9 to SU10

As mentioned a number of times during SU10 Beta, the SIM has lost 10 frames in SU10 compared to SU9.

Test flight from JFK to Manhatten, 1-SEP-2021, 09:00 NY time, mostly Ultra/High, LOD 150, Render Scale 85%, DAHER TBM 930

System:
Win11 Pro latest build 64Bit, 12700K 3.60GHz (UV -80mV), MB: ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI, GPU: RTX 3080 (UV 806mV, 1830 MHz) , 32 GB DDR5 RAM (5600 MHz), Custom water cooling of CPU and GPU, Resolution: 5120x1440, Samsung G9, HAGS on, VBS on

No DLSS, No DX12, No Dev mode

See
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/still-minus-10-fps-on-latest-version-1-27-19-0-steam-compared-to-su9/541349

3 Likes

I missed the first beta build on PC, so I can’t give you any comparison. I can only tell you that changing drivers fixed horrible performance with this current build and DX12.

1 Like