Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

Well, that wasn’t a very polite answer and you’re not right either, because when activated in VR the frame difference is like night and day with respect to TAA. I also use a rtx 3090 and in VR with DLSS I gain quite a lot of frames with respect to TA.

2 Likes

Fired up the Sim on Series X after installing.

Reinstalled the NXi for compatibility and then FlyTampa’s Airport pack from the Vegas add-on, as I’d had CTDs everytime I depart.

Immediate CTD. I was hoping SU10 would alleviate it, but it still clearly isn’t an Asobo issue and FT has no interest in fixing. Delete, reboot.

Took the PC-12 out from a heavily crowded KLAX and it was smooth as butter. The PC-12 had caused stuttering issues that are now gone.

In the morning, I’ll take it out of Flightbeam’s KDEN (another Stutter Port, prior to SU10) and see how it does.

Haven’t tried out the new NXi yet.

Hopefully, we get some good Marketplace drops after a 2 week delay.

To that end, I’m keeping a positive mind about the Sim. Previous SU’s were baby steps, and come SU11…the Sim can be in a full-on sprint.

Helicopters, WASM for Xbox, etc.

The future looks bright.

1 Like

Yep – I get a dense stream of cars crossing LAX runway too!

Has anyone the same controlling problems like me?

The axes are swapped on all Rudders and aileron?

And the Rudder does not center automatically like before the Sim Update.

I cannot Zoom in Out in the outside view. The zoom in cockpit Is working fine.

Please help me. :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Surprisingly better than expected. I gained performance and DLSS Quality is working so far for me. No CTD yet.

Doing DEN-MDW on PMDG now, so far so good.

From Xbox Series X perspective - beta tester- my thoughts on SU 10 are:

SU9 broke MSFS on Xbox -very badly. The beta releases since - and final SU 10 release have fixed the performance issues. The sim is super smooth and fluid. It’s a fantastic experience to fly.

There are still way too many CTDs though - mainly affecting third party add ons - but not always. There is still work to be done here. I’m encouraged for the future of the sim on Xbox though - we’ve got the Black Box Islanders and Trislanders, we’ve got the Hjet and now we’ve got the Cessna 414. They all work brilliantly with SU10. As does the Carenado PC12. The vessel packs add ons are also working as they should.

Loading times for MSFS have also been improved drastically.

The two aircraft I experienced the most CTDs with on beta were the Hjet ( Perhaps not unexpected given it’s level of complexity) and the stock A320neo - which did surprise me a bit. I don’t normally fly the airliners - but a lot of us do and the worst possible scenario for a CTD is taxiing into the ramp after a good landing - it seems to be a rule that the timing of CTDs are judged by an AI gremlin to ruin your day. So the Xbox CTD problem WIP but it still needs some urgent work as SU10 doesn’t solve the issues.

I don’t bother with third party airports as that seems to me to be where the majority of the Xbox CTDs occur - so I didnt bother testing any I’m afraid

There is still a lot of work to do in this area as anyone on Xbox purchasing a third party add on is absolutely entitled to obtain a product that works. We shouldn’t have to keep reminding MS/Asobo of consumer rights in this area, the issues must be fixed.

But overall thanks are due to the dev team for giving us a super fluid experience on Xbox series X - I can see a lot of hard work has been put into these updates as the beta progressed.

I can also see from users not enrolled on the beta, the normal glitches and exceptions that go with a major update - hopefully most of these issues will sort themselves out - those of us enrolled on the beta were given a seamless and smooth transition as we already had the production release installed - same as the final beta.

And there will be a number of minor bugs and issues left of course but for me, a smooth and fluid flight experience is the most important aspect of MSFS and SU 10 excels in that area on the Xbox Series X. I hope the majority of PC users are experiencing that level of performance too.

I want us all to get to a point where we don’t dread - or suffer high levels of apprehension - when update day comes around. It shouldn’t ever be like that.

2 Likes

Cockpits too dark now.
In the FBW A32NX at dusk it’s v difficult to see anything around you in the cockpit, even with all the EFIS and floodlights set to max. NAV and ECAM displays are hard to read – everything is too dark. Lighting was good in SU9. Not anymore with SU10. It seems they have either broken or over-adjusted the auto eye-adaptation feature.

[MODERATOR EDIT: Removed call out to team members]

pls log this and check with the devs to see if they can revert the eye-adaptation back to the way it was in SU9, or put a slider in the graphics settings? At the moment it’s a bit of a deal-breaker I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Certainly not my experience so far. In my testing spot, in SU8 with LOD 400/200 I was getting ~43fps, in SU9 I had to drop that to 300/200 to get 43fps, and in SU10 at 300/200 I get 30fps in DX12, and ~38fps in DX11.

Gone are my hopes of restoring LOD levels to what I had in SU8.

Perhaps the forthcoming Nvidia driver will help, but I’m not certain of that.

1 Like

Install latest WT CJ4 release

1 Like

Did you fix it yet? :sob:

I am not sure if the following post could be of help. (I have not tried yet.)

I did a fresh install after uninstalling everything. Type MSFS… in the Search bar, then right click and pick Uninstall.

I used the Custom graphics that the installer recommended for my system.

Graphics are better, up to 50fps which I’ve never had before.
Smooth flight and great cockpit detail.

Panning left/right there is a slight drop to 35fps which quickly rises to 50fps, presumably as new textures are loaded by the GPU.

Overall I’m very pleased by this release.

I’ve not yet updated but this is interesting! So their performance updates are heading in the wrong direction and actually making the sim worse?

Not for everyone of course, but for me at least it has got progressively worse.

But as I said before the really odd thing is it feels smoother when panning my views about. Less stuttering if you will. I noticed this when taxiing. If you look directly left or right, that will be the situation where you see the most changes. At lower frame rates this can make airport signage difficult to read. It seems better in that regard.

1 Like

Same here.
one time touched the rudder - crashed on the ground. it’s like the rudder snapping into place 100%.

• aileron axis is reversed

restarted several times. i checked preferences for strange/wrong keybindings… issue persists

DLSS should give a FPS benefit if your setup is GPU limited, if the bottleneck is the CPU (mainthread) DLSS has almost no effect.

Thanks guys, well done… Finally it’s what I’ve been waiting 2 years for… Absolutely awesome… On RTX 2070 with studio driver and DLSS DX12 I get smooth stable 60 fps at 4K almost all the time. With DX11 I stutter a bit… Thanks again

In general, i’m very pleased with SU10 on Xbox, considering where we came from with SU9. Performance is a big, big step up. Panning the camera in cockpit view no longer cause stutters and lag. Performance on the ground is also good.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed when it comes to 3rd party content. Lots of airports are still not usable because of CTD’s, instant or after some minutes. I know this is a long proces i guess, but i really, really hope this gets the upmost attention from now on.

Other than that, thank you Asobo for making the (base) sim much more enjoyable on Xbox.

1 Like

I’d guess they are waiting for the regular game ready driver. Most users do not manually go and download the studio version, but rather rely on the automatic update via GeForce Experience app, which doesn’t get the Studio but only Game Ready version. So most users are on the older version still>

And looking at the content of 517.40, there is one mention about MSFS, so let’s hope it’s the fix that Microsoft is waiting before enabling the “full” DX12:

1 Like

They waited a long time for the SU 10 release, but no results can be seen.

DX 12 did not improve performance. With use, the simulator stutters several times. the simulator. The run is not smooth.

DLSS doesn’t work properly either. Everything is blurry, grainy. I tried every setting. The sharpness is gone.

I have a top-of-the-line computer, but unfortunately I can’t get enough performance. The simulator is clearly poorly optimized.

I will definitely not buy a 4090 or 4080 video card, because the simulator is not properly optimized. Money graveyard.

Let’s hope it gets better someday! Thank you for your work! I trust you!

2 Likes