Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

It’s available.

1 Like

I found the SU10 release as far as DX11 was concerned to be pretty much the same as DX11 in SU9 - stutters and frame rates included. Switched over to DX12 and wow - smooth as butter and barely no stutters at a cost of just a few fps. Loving it!

Then I turned on FidelityFX Super Resolution in the AMD driver with DX12 and dropped my screen/rendering in MSFS 2020 from 4k to 1440p and I went from 60 something fps to 80 something fps with barely no visual difference!! Stellar!!

AMD 5900x
RX 6800 (16gig)
32gig memory

Just had a great flight with Darkstar and found the eye of hurricane Fiona @ approx 160k altitude - awesome!

10 Likes

Tried out some different things and I think overall the update was amazing. 3090TI with Win10, DX11 mode in Rift S VR. First used the DLSS and noticed everything looks kinda blurry even though its pretty smooth. Switched back and forth between that TAA and noticed that in TAA you can render in higher res than DLSS, but its way less FPS and very choppy. So I reenabled OpenXR toolkit and changed the rendering resolution in that and kept the DLSS but also setting it to Performance. The blurriness is mostly gone. FPS is generally improved at the same settings as before but in populated cities its still struggling to pull 20-30fps with settings cranked up(ie landing challenge into JFK or just flying an approach into Haneda). I think I need to play with different settings more to trade quality for more fps but when its working it looked beautiful. Can’t wait to see how DX12 does with the new driver.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

On Xbox, the sim won’t download the content manager updates for me. In the morning I clicked all of them and started the updates. Left that and came back in the afternoon and they hadn’t updated. Did the same thing and came back in the evening and all of them say partially installed or not installed. I have restarted twice but the issue persists.

Great update :+1:!

It matches my wishes and expectations. DX12 should give an extra boost when the correct drivers are available. At this moment I don’t see a real improvement.
Personally I don’t benefit from DLSS but I can imagine it will boost performance on some PC’s.

I’m very happy with the smoothness of the Sim and confident future updates will further enhance the performance. Again compliments for the team and the Beta-testers. I can imagine there were some ‘minor setbacks’ and lots of deadline-stress.

I7-7700
RTX 3060-ti
32GB Ram
1440p

Horrible graphic degradation and multimonitor not usefull. i‘m disappointed on RTX 2070 Super

Wow - First off, thank you for all the amazing work you’ve done so far. It’s great see how far we’ve come!

Performance has been butter smooth… DLSS is working well! The graphics seem a little sharper to me too. Furthermore, no CTD for the first time as well.

Thanks again for all the awesome work.

I did want to ask about this random issue… clearly I’ve done something wrong… maybe uninstall the mods?

looks like hdr wrong implementation

Ooh that’s nice. I dont have 4K. TBH I was just looking at it as it was a new setting :smile: My usual settings give me an avg 40-50fps and I think it looks great using TAA so happy with what I already have.
Using DLSS was a curiosity for me (only a RTX 3070)

Tempted with a 4K monitor but suspect it may kill my performance :man_shrugging:

I always said that best beta builds for us xboxers were .15 and mostly .16, the performance was great and had no CTDs with all those third-party airports.
From .17 to .21 micro-stuttering on ground and too many CTDs.

No. Not just you. Immediately saw how water was not same as before. Clearly something’s wrong.

displays are terrible with dlss

Well, that wasn’t a very polite answer and you’re not right either, because when activated in VR the frame difference is like night and day with respect to TAA. I also use a rtx 3090 and in VR with DLSS I gain quite a lot of frames with respect to TA.

2 Likes

Fired up the Sim on Series X after installing.

Reinstalled the NXi for compatibility and then FlyTampa’s Airport pack from the Vegas add-on, as I’d had CTDs everytime I depart.

Immediate CTD. I was hoping SU10 would alleviate it, but it still clearly isn’t an Asobo issue and FT has no interest in fixing. Delete, reboot.

Took the PC-12 out from a heavily crowded KLAX and it was smooth as butter. The PC-12 had caused stuttering issues that are now gone.

In the morning, I’ll take it out of Flightbeam’s KDEN (another Stutter Port, prior to SU10) and see how it does.

Haven’t tried out the new NXi yet.

Hopefully, we get some good Marketplace drops after a 2 week delay.

To that end, I’m keeping a positive mind about the Sim. Previous SU’s were baby steps, and come SU11…the Sim can be in a full-on sprint.

Helicopters, WASM for Xbox, etc.

The future looks bright.

1 Like

Yep – I get a dense stream of cars crossing LAX runway too!

Has anyone the same controlling problems like me?

The axes are swapped on all Rudders and aileron?

And the Rudder does not center automatically like before the Sim Update.

I cannot Zoom in Out in the outside view. The zoom in cockpit Is working fine.

Please help me. :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Surprisingly better than expected. I gained performance and DLSS Quality is working so far for me. No CTD yet.

Doing DEN-MDW on PMDG now, so far so good.

From Xbox Series X perspective - beta tester- my thoughts on SU 10 are:

SU9 broke MSFS on Xbox -very badly. The beta releases since - and final SU 10 release have fixed the performance issues. The sim is super smooth and fluid. It’s a fantastic experience to fly.

There are still way too many CTDs though - mainly affecting third party add ons - but not always. There is still work to be done here. I’m encouraged for the future of the sim on Xbox though - we’ve got the Black Box Islanders and Trislanders, we’ve got the Hjet and now we’ve got the Cessna 414. They all work brilliantly with SU10. As does the Carenado PC12. The vessel packs add ons are also working as they should.

Loading times for MSFS have also been improved drastically.

The two aircraft I experienced the most CTDs with on beta were the Hjet ( Perhaps not unexpected given it’s level of complexity) and the stock A320neo - which did surprise me a bit. I don’t normally fly the airliners - but a lot of us do and the worst possible scenario for a CTD is taxiing into the ramp after a good landing - it seems to be a rule that the timing of CTDs are judged by an AI gremlin to ruin your day. So the Xbox CTD problem WIP but it still needs some urgent work as SU10 doesn’t solve the issues.

I don’t bother with third party airports as that seems to me to be where the majority of the Xbox CTDs occur - so I didnt bother testing any I’m afraid

There is still a lot of work to do in this area as anyone on Xbox purchasing a third party add on is absolutely entitled to obtain a product that works. We shouldn’t have to keep reminding MS/Asobo of consumer rights in this area, the issues must be fixed.

But overall thanks are due to the dev team for giving us a super fluid experience on Xbox series X - I can see a lot of hard work has been put into these updates as the beta progressed.

I can also see from users not enrolled on the beta, the normal glitches and exceptions that go with a major update - hopefully most of these issues will sort themselves out - those of us enrolled on the beta were given a seamless and smooth transition as we already had the production release installed - same as the final beta.

And there will be a number of minor bugs and issues left of course but for me, a smooth and fluid flight experience is the most important aspect of MSFS and SU 10 excels in that area on the Xbox Series X. I hope the majority of PC users are experiencing that level of performance too.

I want us all to get to a point where we don’t dread - or suffer high levels of apprehension - when update day comes around. It shouldn’t ever be like that.

2 Likes