Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

So. I tried now dx12 with the new driver.
In 4K all Ultra with 3080 it runs very good I would say. No low fps as before.

Tried DLSS instead of TAA. Well, very smooth experience. But here and there the graphics are not the best: numbers look blurry sometimes, water looks weird here and there. But the performance boost is definitely there.

I tried it with the Fenix A320 Which is quite demanding and a lot of clouds.

What I noticed: GPU and CPU temps went down significantly. I’m speaking of 10-15°C

1 Like

It will harm stability, not your hardware. If you give a heavy process like MSFS real time priority, your system will struggle to get other background tasks done and it can lead to sim crashes or even blue screens in windows.

A reboot will revert things back to normal. But yeah, high priority is fine, but avoid real time.

Right you are. Sorry!
The unchanged version is as you stated - 3.26.0.131.
Appears that they may be delaying release of the newer Experience version.

1 Like

I might have clicked on the wrong link in that case as I thought that was the version from the beta, and it got added to the new GRD release. I’ll look again after a bit to eat.

More Windows updates came on board… whew, with all this updating…

Nothing really “harms” a cpu except for a fan or water cooling failure. Even then, most modern CPUs have their own thermal shutdown for protection.

“Realtime” sets the priority of a process higher than anything else except for Windows OS. There are many other processes and applications that run in parallel with MSFS. “Realtime” changes how Windows schedules processes to run. It isn’t a good idea to mess around with the Windows scheduler unless you are VERY familiar with how Windows operates internally.

The worst thing that might happen is that MSFS goes into a loop - “Not responding” in Task Manager. Setting “realtime” for MSFS might prevent you from interrupting and stopping MSFS. Turning the computer off would be the only way to stop MSFS. Any possible performance improvements messing around with the Windows scheduler is not worth the effort.

2 Likes

Just tested the new NVIDIA driver with DLSS and DX12 on a 4K monitor. I used the Fenix A320. Mostly got 50-60 fps. Everything is running smoothly but one issue remains since the SU10 release.

ALWAYS when the wheels touch the ground on landing, the sim freezes for about 10 seconds. I read that some other simmers experience the same very annoying issue.

Any solutions?

I tried changing the sun position with the time slider. The reflections are just not as realistic as SU9. This youtube clip at timestamp 3:30 shows how nice the reflections looked before SU10:

Love the update. So far so good.

Only issue is the lack of visibility at night?

Dx12
TAA

Do you get the same pause if you land with the gear up?

Serious question: it might identify what it is.

Good, it’s about time having a 3090 made a difference again. And I very much hope they keep the vram usage as is. Not all of us want this SIM nerfed, and I found SU10 Beta 1 performed much as this SIM did before SU5. I don’t think it’s a vram issue, there are also AMD cards with more than 10GB. Seems more like a choosing the wrong hardware for the job issue. It’s playable for all that meet specs… Not Ultra everything for all.

Yes, me too and it’s great to say it too.

DX11
DLSS (quality)

1 Like

Updated my nVidia driver to the latest GRD and also picked up a Windoze 11 update that just came out. So far, the results are encouraging. I went straight to DX12 and DLSS, in VR and picked up about 10 FPS with my normal mix of HIGH and ULTRA settings - went from low 30s to low 40s - nice!

The glass cockpits are fuzzy, sadly, but workable. More importantly, I only had one CTD and that was with a 3rd party livery that wasn’t really specific if it was for the PMS or the TDS 750.

Saw a few strange visual artifacts, like black polygons appearing and disappearing on the periphery. Also had some very strange behavior from the KAP140. I wonder if it’s SU10 compatible? I’ll stick with flying the Kodiak for now as it seems the most stable.

My setup:
i9-12900 / RTX 3080 / 32G DDR5 / Reverb G2 / OpenXR

During the install process of this latest nVidia update, it displayed that there was no change to the Experience version.

I’ve honestly no idea. The only thing I’ve observed is that most of the people complaining about graphics performance seem to have Nvidia cards, but that could equally be for no other reason than that most people seem to have Nvidia cards.

I have a nvidia geforce gtx 1650 and theres not really much that happend after the update. Now i had not to many CTD’s lately, but i dont really feel or see improvement after SU10 and the Nvidia update with the same settings. Not smoother or something, or it doesnt feel different. Loading times seem a tiny bit shorter

Yes you’re right but since SU10 everything was fitting well in the 10gb of my card, I was playing with everything in ULTRA and quality at 400! Now I keep everything ULTRA but quality at 200, if not it starts stuttering a lot!

1 Like

Same here, DX12 and a 3080 and is maxed out… :frowning:

I’m still getting stuttering with DX12 however only on the ground. Lowering some more settings. So far so good.
Only running a 2060super. I assume a 3080 is 4x faster than a 2060super.
I find the performance adjust after a minute the sim is loaded.

1 Like

Okay, I repeated an hour flight and landed with the gear up. It still lagged for about 2 seconds once the aircraft touched the ground. Howver, it was not 10 sec as with gear down before.

So what can I do to solve this issue?