Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0)

Oh wow, reality check for me i guess: I’ve never EVER got stutters at Sedona (my favorite handcrafted by the way) and today after a long absence from it i decided to spawn there and i got FPS in the high and mid 20s with stutters while taxiing :frowning:

1 Like

Another day, another bug on the way from CDG to SEA.
When the side tanks are empty the system switches automatically to the main tanks.
Before today I have never had issue with that, but today it resulted an engine failure…
BTW, VFR map works sometimes, but mostly it is frozen…
Hotfix is needed urgently!

1 Like

i have 32 gb. DDR4 3200mhz

1 Like

So after my previous post, I reloaded the game and I got ctd on world map…
Nevermind, I restarted it, and I successfully departed from JFK to CDG.
After 2,5 hours I got black screens and in 20 mins CTD again…
This game is a bad joke after the latest update…:frowning:

2 Likes

I noticed this as well. Wasn’t sure if it was my graphics driver or what. But much more flickering all around

CTD rootcause on my PC seems to be increasing the terrain object level of detail. From 200 to 225 causes CTD’s, otherwise perfect stability.

3950X, 32MB, 1080Ti, Ultra graphics = stable. LOD 225 = CTD’s

There is definitely an issue with the fuel system.
So far it worked fine: when main 1 and main 4 tanks were empty, the engines automatically got the fuel from main tank 2 and main tank 3 (Boeing 777-300).
Since today this doesn’t work, in the morning engine 1 was out of fuel, couple of mintes ago engine 2, despite there was a plenty of fuel in the tanks.

An analogy just came to mind: It’s like Asobo designed and built a gorgeous new car, but as they were building it they forgot to tighten half the bolts. As they’re driving it down the road, leaving a quickly-growing trail of car parts behind them, and with the engine beginning to smoke and sputter, a crowd along the roadside yells to them and points to what’s left of the former car. Their response?…They just smile silently and keep driving.

To give them a little credit, every few miles, when the wheels are about to completely fall off, they pull over and tighten some of the bolts, while loosening about twice as many as they tighten. And of course, they also take that opportunity to load a few hundred pounds more baggage into the trunk.

7 Likes

Nicely done! Yep, that’s exactly how it feels right now. And the fact it’s a French movie didn’t escape notice, either.

Can someone please translate “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” into French? Maybe that would help.

Why worry about fuel when you can’t fly long enough for it to matter? (Sorry to hijack your comment. I guess I’m extra cranky about this situation today.)

1 Like

I’m having the windshield reflection flickering on XBOX as well, so apparently that one is not only on the PC. I didn’t notice it until last night, possibly because there are so many other issues occurring that it just got lost in the giant cloud of “upgrade” debris.

1 Like

So guys at Asobo, are you serious? This Update has broken so many Addons! This is incredible!!
I’m just waiting for that point where devs and the community turn away from MSFS cause of this insane Update-Strategy.
TBH I wont fly the MSFS anymore, got CTD at so many airports, broken planes like the JF PA28 and Milviz PC6 after updates. It is not funny anymore.

Asobo missed their job to make a stable game. Fixed 30 bugs and added 35more… Come on guys…

6 Likes

They could always go to work developing software for Boeing. Their software engineers managed to turn crashing into a feature. Boeing’s MCAS was designed in such a way that its primary failure mode was to fly the aircraft into the ground. Brilliant.

But seriously, Microsoft needs to give their marketing department a long vacation and pause the relentless “upgrade” cycle until they can fix the rapidly growing list of serious faults. There’s no point in continuing to pile more and more weight onto a structure with a very fragile foundation.

5 Likes

From Development update:

Whilst it’s very good news to see that the “emerging issues” are going to be dealt with, am I the only one to be unhappy with the language in this statement?

“Emerging Issues” - they were present in SU9 before it was released - a modicum of QA/ test would have identified these problems. They didn’t magically appear after the release.

“Excited” Indeed - After my Xbox UX following SU9, “excitement” at receiving a patch isn’t quite the emotion I’ll be feeling.

Im actually angry with what happened with SU9 - and I think as users we deserve a bit more than to hear from an “excited” development team. A little bit of contrition would have been better.

Accountability is needed here - and changes in the MSFS development processs are urgently required.

9 Likes

Wait a minute…

When did they release a SU 9 Hotfix?

2 Likes

I think more work can still be done on scenery caching, and frame rate drops as you move your view about. Pre-SU5, I believe, it was much better in that regard.

When SU5 came out the stuttering was in the extreme, and made flying an awful experience unless you had your view locked ahead, and never looked around.

A subsequent update gave us the option to set how much we wanted cached, but I don’t think it ever went far enough in returning what we had pre-SU5.

I usually see my 3090 sitting at around 6-7GB of 24GB in use, and as I cast my view about I see this fluctuate, but never increasing from what it is currently using. But what I do see is those <20fps drops as you do for a split second as data is clearly being read in. And this situation never changes. You would think that if everything in my vicinity is eventually cached the stuttering should go away, but it doesn’t.

I think SU5 has a lot to answer for in this regard, and others, such as mouse controls.

4 Likes

Regarding fuel system issue:
If I set the fuel level under or above 65% there is no engine failure, but if I set it exactly 65% engine 1 or 2 have no power.

Well spotted. A hotfix must be inbound.

I give up. I’ve tried 5 times in a row now ending a CTD. Good luck with the next 8 years of development, chasing bugs. Asobo are NOT up to the job. Ive stuck with this the last two years in the HOPE that things will get better. they haven’t. time to cut my losses.

2 Likes