Discussion + Poll: Sim Update IV (1.16.2.0)

Finished update but now my sim doesn’t launch anymore…
CTD during loading bar before main menu

Twitch schedule was not updated yet…

Is it today or tomorrow? I don’t remember.

Froze at update 134/16x. Shutdown MSFS, restarted the PC, restarted MSFS, then the remaining bit seemed to load and game started OK.

I had the same experience last night. Lightning with live weather where there shouldn’t be any. Clear skies and no storms on the real world weather maps.

1 Like

According to this post it is due at 1730 GMT today https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-guidelines/401137

2 Likes

Really struggling here. I am stuck on C152 aerobat package decompression.

I followed all the adive to optimise my machine here as well as Netlimiter. Have deleted the package file that was stuck as per advice on the forum, and now it’s restarted but just with a continuous message [1/111] - please wait…’.

1/111 is the C152 aerobat package.

No idea where to go from here. Completely stuck.

Ray

If this is photogrammetry you are referring to then turn it off. And where is this “turn it up to 300” option?

Played in VR last night, no crashing.

Just flown for an hour in jplogistic mod cessna with live weather in Austria. All working fine. Good update.

" I can say that the stuttering is the same as before, and may be slightly worse at times. Hard to say, but it’s definitely not any better."

Same here. I don’t think we’ll see any performance updates until mid July. Stuttering is bad. Lets plie on more cites and buildings, and get ride of all the tree’s. We don’t them they just get in the way anyway.

PACO572

1 Like

For those who have encountered the b787 nosewheel bouncing issue after the latest sim update, and if you fly b787 often enough and issue affect you enough… do open a ticket as issue can be reproduce and widely reported are more likely to be look at and given priority for fix.

This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker and added to the [ KNOWN ISSUES (Last modified: May 25,). Bugs and issues that have been successfully reproduced will be categorized and prioritized—game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported

1 Like

Some people are editing the config file to increase it past 200%.

As for “the melted buildings” no slider will fix that.

And then they wonder why they get stutters and CTD?

5 Likes

It’s a known issue and a major one at that, why do they need to wait until enough people have submitted tickets to take it seriously?

I have been watching the Live Traffic for 1.5 hours at EDDM Munich after SU4. It took approx. 25 minutes for the traffic to “come alive” (on West Europe Server).

What I noticed was:

• Traffic on ground: No a/c moving. Quite a few light up at gate turning on nav and beacon light. But dont move and dont call ATC. And after a few minutes the lights are turned off and then suddenly disappears from the gate.
  • I had quite a few a/c coming in on approach. But not a single on made it to the ground. All of them coming in much to high, had to go around, made atleast one more landing attempt and then disappeared.

Strange…

Last evening over Santa Barbara there were numerous planes, tracked one in flight with an MB339 all the way to the runway, it flew a full approach and landed.

1 Like

I guessing that have multiple priorities, so even if known issues, but if less pple reporting it = less are affected and hence a fix will be implemented but at a later date? they will take care of other issues affecting more users, is my guess…

Maybe a temporary problem on the West Europe server at the moment?

That’s the one I use, the in game VFR map showed about 10 planes around me. Might have been an issue getting the data from whatever flight tracker they use.

1 Like