Discussion + Poll: Sim Update IV (1.16.2.0)

I’ll drink to that!

I couldn’t care less about what my FPS is as long as I get a nice, consistently smooth flying experience. That means no jitters or stutters whether flying in blue skies over the ocean, or on final to a busy airport in a big city.

I’ve always kind of felt that the developers have “optimized” the simulator to run satisfactorily for the majority of us on systems that are basically configured with the standard Windows 10 default settings.
I mean that only seems logical.

So for me, HAGS on, Game Mode on, nVidia controller to defaults and VSYNC on and max FPS set in MSFS.

Oh, yeah one other thing - I’ve also started running the Performance Monitor in minimized mode while simming. Still testing (subjectively) to see if it has changed my present very smooth 25FPS flying experiences around the world.

GTX 1050ti
I7-7700HQ, 2.8GHZ
16GB RAM

1 Like

Just wanted to tell the team thank you for the 787 “Low-Rider” bouncing hotfix! There’s still lots of other issues - for example, the bug regarding getting IFR clearance, and especially the CoPilot issues - but the hotfix helps. Going to try it now!

Contrary to Sebastian (Asobo CEO) during the recent Dev Q&A, it was indeed possible to ship a hotfix rather quickly. I’d like to see more of those for small and obvious issues.

5 Likes

I suspect the quickness of the hotfix shipping was that the issue was picked up during the beta and the fix was being worked on before SU4 was released. Even so, it’s still a very responsive outcome.

1 Like

Well I tried doing a flight with the 787, and taxi was great without the bouncing! But then later into the flight, the game crashed =(

Yeah, like the flight planner bug impacting all non GPS aircraft. It’s broken my flow pretty badly and I find myself not flying nearly as much.

Never heard of it before, but I just tried turning off “Threaded Optimization” in my nVidia control panel to test the effect on my my low-end system.

Don’t do it!

With no other settings changed, my GPU became overloaded and remained at 100% throughout most of my test circuit resulting in jitteriness and some stutters.

Normally, my GPU shows 90-99% load, no jitters or stutters.

I still feel that the developers have this thing tuned for the majority of our community who don’t tweak anything.

What bug are you referring to? I use both LNM and the world map to plan plenty of nav aid IFR flights in non GPS aircraft. Fly those plans too.

I filed a bug for this, it’s also on the forums. It has been reproduced by several users.

Here’s how to reproduce it:

1. Pick a non GPS aircraft (example: m339, Spitfire, Shock Ultra, etc)
  2. Set a Departure airport
  3. Set an Arrival airport
  4. Make the flight
  5. Return to the World Map
  6. Set the same Departure airport
  7. Set a new Arrival airport

You should then observe that the Arrival airport you set was in fact not set, and you are pinned to the Arrival airport you set the first time.

Here’s the full thread: Flight Planner Bug: Plotting a new route in the world map doesn't take effect - #32 by mblpenguin

Fair enough. I misunderstood. I do not have any add-on aircraft, yet. I was thinking non GPS ‘flights’, not non GPS ‘aircraft’.

Since last major update and mini update my CRJ700 is now crashing. I doubt this is Aerosoft fault since it was flying so well before the update. Why update if it JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.