Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

I found one issue during my Norway bush tour: if I pop out or what it is called when you convert popup windows (for example the vfr map) to Windows windows then the fps drops dramatically.

Since I had popped them out before the update that setting was probably saved and when I continued the tour after the update they popped out automatically and I saw really poor fps and could not understand why. As soon as I closed the windows the fps returned to the new normal (50-60!).

1 Like

Thanks. A pain in VR with the Cockpit Focus mapped to the right mouse button. But an easy fix with mapping it to another button. :smiley:

1 Like

When you download the first 40 GB the update is not finished. You must update the content inside FS. Download speeds make me crazy.

WHAT IS HAPPEND!!! :triumph:

Well, definitely getting great FPS now, and it definitely seems to be at the expense of visuals. Clouds now look like absolute garbage even on ultra. Green/magenta tinting and banding everywhere.

3 Likes

It has always been like this. You download the update from the MS Store, the sim then downloads additional components. When the sim launches you have some optional updates to download from the Marketplace.

I don’t have any problems with clouds, seems even better on high in VR. Monitor on ultra and they look perfect, look like more realistic. No color problem or banding here.

1 Like

Well, at least the fps are better, much better, inside the cabin the most they had were 20 or 25, now they sometimes go over 60, the A320 goes, but with many errors, they have to update it.
I have taken a photo that is why it does not look good, in capture the fps frame does not come out

try undervolting your card using MSIAfterburner
not 100% sure about your card but worked for my 3080.

tried to load a flight over london, and while loading, opened task manager - flight simulator immediately got stuck at loading, no mouse cursor, UI is frozen.
in task manager, flight simulator exe is shown as not responding
so there is a bug there

moreover, after I closed MSFS via task manager, in steam it is shown as running and won’t start again

2 Likes

i have stutters and fps drop when i move the camera, only me ?

1 Like

Just finished my first real flight in SU5. It all looks great in terms of performance and graphics with one little flaw.

I have most settings on ultra (already in SU4 without difficulty, so good PC, bought specifically for FS20). However when panning around the aircraft the reflection model is a bit off. It’s what other users are describing in terms of trees and buildings (I dont experience that, but I do have this with the reflection model in external view.)

At first it looked like it kept trying to create a small cloud of haze under/around the aircraft, like some white foggy stain, but after a bit more focus I related it to the reflections model coming from the sea below. This could use a brush over to improve such typical sim ambiance in dawn/dusk hours.

The flight performed was with a C208B, 50 minutes from TFFS Gaudeloupe to TNCM St. Maarten. With sunrise over the Caribbean sea. For the rest it all looked great! I had no proper ATC but I’m guessing that’s because I needed to reinstall the Navigraph Beta stuff which I just did.

Thanks for your hard work. I really appreciate it.

anyone experiencing CTD when downloading from content manager?

Here is a test with A320 inside and outside the cabin, and approaching the airport, which is where the fps dropped the most, if they have risen a lot, on the approach to the airport they dropped to 14.12 or even less.
And now you see it’s going much better

1 Like

I have the same, extreme reaction with elevator trim. It appears NOT to be the Alpha Yoke. It also happens when scrolling the trim wheel with the mouse. I have unplugged the Alpha Yoke, restarted the sim and just flew with the Logitech joystick. I get the issue with all the planes I tested (152, 172, Baron, DA62, DA40,etc). Community is empty and FSUIPC disabled. Have not tried 3rd party planes yet.

4 Likes

Did you experience CTD when downloading from content manager?

Well, I haven’t seen any increase in FPS performance with the update. Just completed a flight around London and I reckon the scenery popping was much worse than before the update. A tad disappointed.

3 Likes

Shame you’re not seeing any improvement. I have seen quite an increase in fps.
What are your PC specs?

1 Like

Same here. Is there any fix

After a min in the main menu, I get CTD. any ideas? I have cleaned out community folder.

Any 3rd party addons you have bought in Market Place? Some might not have been updated for SU5 and could be causing a conflict.

2 Likes