Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

I’ts very strange why some systems like mine works fine and yours not. Specially when you have a good PC.

Do you have something overclocked (RAM, CPU, GPU) or did you tried to disable HAGS? Using DX11 right?

Perfect - my FS2020 is installed on D: , so not the C: (windowsdrive). I changed the virtual memory for this D-drive. First times in weeks no CTD., Thanks @DerWolleX

Auto throttle broken, signals toggle, but not actually disconnecting

Do you ever disagree with anything that Microsobo do :laughing:?

Maybe your definition of ‘criticism’ is different to mine and that of others.

As I have said before, I don’t blame the moderators - they don’t make the rules.

Whatever, we’re all different.

1 Like

I have tried DX11 and DX12. Both CTDs.
Nothing overclocked. Also 64GB RAM
HAGS on/off does not change anything.
Game mode off.

I will try SAFE MODE and also downgrade the NVidia Driver.

What I really don’t understand is that sometimes it crashes during loading and sometimes I can fly for 5 to 20 minutes. Always same airport, plane and weather. This makes it very difficult to find the error.

Hard…

Sorry Dude. I`m out of ideas.

Maybe this post would help you:

troubleshooting

:joy::joy::joy:

That’s a good one!

I have got an error message while flying. Game did not crash. After I have clicked on “Wiederholen” it CTD.

The update changed my in-game graphics substantially. I had to reset several settings. Afterwards, my overall performance and visuals were very nice. Don’t like to throw around the word "stunning, " but I was quite impressed.

As others mentioned you need to always pay attention to where it’s trying to install the game/updates… that’s why it’s showing as brand new install, because it’s not pointing to wherever your original game has been installed.

1 Like

Exact same Gordon, zero issues going from the beta to the latest release – took 4 mins.

It boggles my mind how many people do NOT pay attention when doing things and of course, it’s Asobo’s fault. Pay attention when the game updates – if it’s not in the same location, then it will download the entire game. It’s not that difficult. :wink:

6 Likes

Departing (or not departing) AI wasn’t even in the release notes – so why would you assume it was supposed to be fixed?

1 Like

If possible, uninstall all your VS libraries

@moxiejeff

Did i say it was supposed to be fixed ?
Nope IT SHOULD BE …. Like many other things as a hotfix.

By the time tis is fixed ( feb ) we had almost 4 months no departing airliners in a FLIGHTSM

Hey since the update my mouse doesn’t point to the parts of the cockpit. Also when I activate the throttle it no longer has a response in the speed of the plane. Everything was perfect that bad

I can’t remember ever seeing someone get an error message. Usually just a straight CTD with no notice.

Isn’t it extremely rare?

Should be = supposed to. Pretty similar, no?

Regardless, if it’s not in the hotfix release notes, it’s not been fixed. Arguing about it doesn’t make it appear.

1 Like

All went smoothly … I use 100% VR and noticed a slight improved fps and seems smoother… My only complaint is having to update via the xbox app first then the Sim updates… Why cant we just load up the sim and the update starts?

If I left my app open I would still be waiting, is was not indicated anywhere. I searched games and every other category, finally exiting and reloading to try again but this time there were more options. No need to be so convoluted.

Well, that may be, but there was no notice of this change in method so I did things like I’ve been doing them since the alpha.