Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

After this January Build 1.21.18.0, the ATC “Please expedite your climb FLxxx” problem reoccured. I am already at level flight FLxxx. I am flying stock Cessna CJ-4, AP, and on a flight plan imported from Little Navmap.

Windows 11, MS Store, RTX 3080, Intel i9 10900k with 32Gb Ram

-Update process no issues.
-Reinstalled addon’s in to community folder.
-50 Min Flight from EGBP landing back at EGBP with PA-28 Turbo with the PMS GTN 750 on Live weather.
-Track IR working fine.
-No CTDs.
-No noticeable change in performance.
-One abrupt change in the depiction of clouds en-route.

1 Like

Everything went smoothly for me (Despite forgetting to empty community folder), VR menu works fine now.
I hope the Developers take all the angry comments as compliments, because if your customers weren’t so passionate about your product they wouldn’t get angry whenever a minor thing gets broken. Great idea to have a public Beta, particularly after all the angry ‘why didn’t you test this (in an infinite number of possible configs)’ outbursts after the last update.
Well done, and I for one can’t believe how good this software is.

8 Likes

I’m getting CTD sometimes during the game loading, or sometimes if I get past that it crashes during updates in Content Manager, or if I skip that and start in Safe Mode, if the game loads, it crashes shortly after trying to get into a flight. This game was completely stable before the update. I have no 3rd party add-ons. I removed the empty community folder anyway. I’ve rebooted, tried everything again, the game still is not stable at all.

First update in a long time that actually went smooth and didn’t blowup my whole installation (last two updates I had to do a reinstall). Granted this was a much smaller update that I gather is more a hotfix?

Everything working fine, all my controls are still what they were thank God! Sad to see the constant stuttering hasn’t improved, not one bit.

Yes, I was in the pre-release. opted out of that last night after the announcement. After searching for updates, it did try to download everything, but I just repointed the installer to my customer folder (has always been a custom folder) and it rescanned and downloaded the 400Kb odd AIRAC update. No issues really. Nothing in content manager to update either, so all good.

2 Likes

It’s automatic. If you bought the Premium Deluxe version of the sim, then when you load it up the download you get will be files for that version. The only part you have to manually check for after that step is once in the sim, go to Content Manager to find out if there are further updates for things like the free World updates or content you may have bought from the marketplace.

1 Like

Is there somewhere we can see the release notes for new versions of Microsoft Planes? Like the Junkers JU-52 got an update today, but where do I find release notes for that?

2 Likes

Tried 3 times now and these 3 times resulted in 3 CTD’s. Still no luck downloading the updates available in content manager.

Ok, the MS Store went fine, the game checked for Updates, found it, downloaded it. My bad, forgot community folder, removed that after closing game. Restarted PC, thought was done, put CF stuff back, then opened game, remembered Content Manger, two updates in that, immediately, CTD when downloading 1st one. Sooooo, removed CF, restarted PC, started game, downloaded both deluxe and premium content, closed game restarted, put CF stuff back, started game, seems to now operate as before. Cannot tell unless I time it, seems to open a little faster. Temps on GPU seem a little less as well. So far no issues other than my mistakes.

It should be noted, tried on flight using freeware C-17 (with 747 controls), the plane flies like a 747, aint nearly as performance oriented as the one in FSX. But I digress, flight went fine until tried to land, I just hosed that one up bad, tried to recover, crashed, not game’s fault.

Now, I will be blasted for this one, think a warning should be displayed about CF folder, before anything downloads and installs, should be part of the process. I know lots of folks forget. Next, this one was the easiest update, but people are still having issues. There must be reason cannot all the content be put in the store, so all of it could be downloaded, then it installs into game, instead of the two-part process which seems to mess up lots of people. Is it a “time zone thing”, is it a server thing, (azure was down toward end of my test flight). That some folks do and some folks don’t, is very strange. If I had to put the complete game back on PC would be done, takes 6 days for me to download all the game because of the slow internet I have here.

1 Like

This is so puzzling… I wonder what can go wrong. Never in all history of MSFS have I ever had a single problem with that update process. I don’t even care about emptying my community folder. The absolute worst I’ve seen is difficulty settings being reset and that’s that.

1 Like

I was in the Beta. Got out of it before updating in ms store today. Then I’ve got aprox. 130Gb to reinstall, and now i’m stuck at decompressing asoso-modellib-texture-0.1.45 fspackage for 30 minutes…

Never had any issues with installation before today.

Any tips?

first flight ok so far.
looks better, performance ok… … for me on my system! :wink:
not enough time, to find the bad things… :joy: tomorrow

2 Likes

This really sucks. I’ve been sick all break and TODAY was the first I’m feeling better and need to play the sim to test out my new laptop before I the window to return it ends. I was too sick to play this until today. I have Premium Deluxe and bought a $2k laptop specifically to play this game. I had looked forward to play this all break, but was too sick until today.

Or don’t update and don’t fly

Has anyone been able to update Premium Deluxe content in this new release without CTD?

Posts will be flagged when they are non-constructive or off-topic.

Please see the Code of Conduct to participate on this forum.

I did, I wasn’t in the beta, no problem at all and I’m on a flight for 3 hours.

No problem

What do you mean? I’m sorry but maybe I dont understand you rightly. Isnt it so that seedy did post three mentions of the installation instructions for beta participants. That’s upfront to me and not with hindsight? Again sorry if I did not understand you correctly. But the cm’s are absolutely not to blame here!

1 Like