Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

thanx eklester … let me or better us here know :stuck_out_tongue: !

greets …

after mostley complete started, FS crash. a
nd now?

I’m actually glad that everything worked out quite smooth [on steam] on my rig. I didn’t even have an update when SU8 was out, and I didn’t have a backup of my folder whatsoever, but I didn’t have to reinstall the game which I’m glad for that. I was just confused for a short period because I thought I didn’t get any update via steam but then I realized that the update version and the final beta version has the same version number.

Regardless of any updates in the game, thank you Microsoft/Asobo for making a smooth transition from beta to original version.

During the download process, when I tried to update the installed content in the content manager, the game crashed once while switching from one world update to the next. Every time a world update was updated and the next started, the game locked up for more than a minute (the Xbox Guide menu was still accessible during this time). The CTD occurred at one of these switches as well (after WU1 was updated and it wanted to start WU2). Not a big deal after all, but it was still notable as this hasn’t happened before.

(Xbox Series X)

1 Like

Update itself went pretty smoothly for me…

Some weird issues with the VFR map (taking ages to load each time I open it), BUT

The Norway bush trip - which had disappeared for me for quite a while - has magically re-appeared.

And live AI traffic seems to be able to take off again, so that’s a stride forward!

So swings and roundabouts, but broadly positive I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

About weather radar, is that possible in the default a320neo now?

If so where is it displayed, do I need to turn something on.

Thanks

I had that happen during the beta and had to expand the folder and update the items in the WU one at a time. But for the release everything was fine.
The sim is running super smooth for me, so far.

2 Likes

You need to turn on the weather radar on the center console below the knobs for Flood LT and the other one.

2 Likes

Was there an update to the A32NX yet for SU8?

Very good performances on my side, no stutter, no CTD since a while by the way, but when this “sim” will care about Realism, for instance in this SU8 there’s still no Gusts wind in Live Weather which is so essential!!! Just: WHY ?

Glad to know that thermals and up/downdraft winds are on the way to be implemented, however please MFS2020, it was full of advertising videos claiming that it will be the best realism included in the Live Weather never done so far, at the release date! Where that is? I didn’t create that, it was mentioned by the marketing through a bunch of Youtube videos, so it may be the right time now to care about those precious and realistic features, I gently believe!

A year and a half later we can still fly through a thunderstorm or into big cells CB with a PA28? It is so unrealistic, how come! … it should be taken seriously I guess…

Besides a flight simulator is not only about performance issues but also it concerns “realism” so it’s nice to know that aerodynamics/physics become step by step a necessity knowing that a Flight Simulator is supposed to simulate real things as much as possible and the realism in the Live Weather is one of the corner stone in Aviation.

My best wishes to MFS2020 anyways! :wink:

Graphics settings were reset after leaving SU8 beta

Nope - so far so good.
MSFS work as smooth as never before :smiley:

i7 12700K @5.0 GHz, RTX 3080 xtreme, 32GB ram @3600

1 Like

No issues before update. Now CTD every launch. Brilliant.

I can only answer the first 2 questions since I’ve been unable to play the sim since this latest update arrived.

Went to update it. 4gb update. Caused my pc to bsod.

Rebooted, sim now stuck at “checking for updates”.

Uninstalled game through steam.

It’s removed everything, so I’ve now reinstalled it, but need to redownload the entire 117gb sim.

Therefore likely can’t even try to update to su8 again until tomorrow, when it’s finished getting the base game… then hope and pray it doesn’t kill my pc again mid update.

Never had so much trouble updating a game before. Why can’t it just update through steam like every other game on the market?

1 Like

Since abandoning VR until they make it work properly I have been using Spacedesk and an Android tablet to pop out windows from certain planes (also using Sim Dashboard depending on the plane). I lock the frames at 30 and notice no drop in performance when playing the game. Switching between views does show a frame drop while the view is transitioning (at least it looks that way) but otherwise it runs normally on Ultrawide in Ultra graphics.

Performance is now a destaster. In EDDF I got 30fps now is only 10fps. Stutters like hell.

2 Likes

Thanks, has that always been there and worked on default a320neo, or did SU8 fix it?

I’ll try that and see what happens

The switch was always there, not sure it worked in the beginning though. Can’t remember. It did work on both FBW (until the changes in the mod) and default A320. You can also switch to terrain view instead of weather with the button next to the ND, radar needs to be on and you need to be low though.

1 Like

Oh yeah I often have terrain on, so I will disable that next time to check weather radar, its only rain it picks up I think?