Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

Still Crashes sometimes when waking up VR Headset

1 Like

Running on Xbox Series X. Msoft store updated ok.

Opened FS2020 Content Manager to update - 6 items to update.
Selected all and click update.
Came back 10 min later and the xbox main screen was showing - must have crashed during update.
Loaded FS2020 again - 3 items updated.
Selected balance and clicked update.
It started downloading and stopped at 25% - FS2020 not responding to controller input.
Quit FS2020 and rebooted xbox.
Same result when updating.
Quit FS2020 and rebooted xbox again.
Loaded FS2020 again.
Selected updating one by one but not the one that was not responding - updated ok.
Deleted the one that was not responding and reselected it for download - this time it completed successfully.

Crashed in the first 10 minutes of flying.

Hmm ok ive sorted AIG
but now I have no animated ground crews. No pushback at all

I just reinstalled the sim after a few months and I installed the new update yesterday. After I installed everything, I loaded up the sim to test out the new update, and I can’t get past FLY. What’s wrong

1 Like

Same here.

Same here, had no issues before updating to SU8. Never have had this many issues, just freezes after hitting “FLY”, music still on but shows “Not Responding” in Task Manager. Probably working 1/10 times. Just frustrating.

My update has been terrible. Multiple problems downloading (CTDs on each download of the content manager items, so did them one at a time with a full reboot of the PC between each until they all finished). Have tried 5 flights now and all either CTD upon initial launch of the flight or CTD when I landed and tried to go back to main menu to launch a new flight. This was done in safe mode too after the first CTD. Very odd because I have not had CTDs really at all for many updates now. I’ll keep testing but if it keeps happening I may be forced to delete the entire sim and download all 125gb+ again to start totally fresh. No changes in my SSD, hardware or other settings prior to this SU8. And I didn’t do the Beta so it was a clean update from last public version. When the flights did work (3 of them), they looked great, I had live weather and live multiplayer with no problems and I saw no other major flight problems, but for some reason it’s now very unstable when launching to the runway and exiting to the main menu . I have long considered a complete delete and reinstall to clean it all out so maybe now it’s worth that effort. Ugh. Edit: I am now doing a complete reinstall of the entire sim and hoping that sorted out the CTDs.

1 Like

I tried that but it didn’t work. I see a few other posts where people are talking about it looping on the c152 file - same for me

Flying TBM930 WT3000, SU8 has performed flawlessly. Nothing seems to be broken from SU8 as we so often see.
Well done MSFS 2020 team! :ok_hand:

well
and now nothing
planet continues revolving around its axis

Marketplace purchases / updates are sometimes causing CTDs.

I have an update fatigue with MSFS in general

3 Likes

man am getting to the point of just writing this sim off as a lost. and waiting for XP12. I lost my money to MS. now I stop buying anthing else for this sim.

7 Likes

any luck getting past FLY?

Finally got update loaded, I waited day or two because of bandwidth issues. Game opened just fine. Have not restored CF, so trying out C172, know my JS is not set correctly, nor my throttle device. Going to give it a whirl anyway. The game took longer to load, at least an additional minute. NOT ONE CTD so far, no jitters, etc. Wanted F-14, but do not want to go through another 5 minutes to load, don’t feel all that well, just a quick spin, then going to bed.

It’s wild reading all these different experiences with the updating process. For me (on PC) it went well. I haven’t tested the sim for hours at a time yet though, but so far no CTD’s, & all a smooth process. I even have a good chunk of my yet to be confirmed as compatable community mods enabled and numerous 3rd party airports and a few 3rd party aircraft too. My last fresh (from nothing) install of the sim was with SU7, not sure if it’s just good practice to do that once in a while, I know it’s a pain, but it could help a few of you out doing one of those. Sim is running/looking smooth for me right now after SU8. I avoided the Reno update (now uninstalled this add on) and the 2GB JU52 update!?! Will redownload that if I ever feel inclined to fly it again.
The content manager updates I only ever do one at a time (usually by prioritising) and I’ve never had an issue with freezes or CTD’s.

I like the new weather

Now Asobo needs to fix the overexposure

2 Likes

Does this problem disappear after enabling developer mode?

1. start flight
  2. enable developer mode
  3. apply & save
  4. disable developer mode
  5. apply and save

I did not get the typical update through the sim itself! Is that right? Seems like the Steam updated itself and then I did the additional updates for the deluxe and premium versions through content manager! Is that right?

So we are back to sudden haze layer showing up??? They had fixed this through the SU7 Hotfix but now I see it popping up suddenly! Hope they fix this issue! I am also having more stutters than I did before SU8 final version! Well 

I also have severe stutters since SU8. Especially at takeoff and short before touchdown. Little white loading circle at the down right corner. This wasn’t the case post SU7. Actually SU7 was a great update for me, regarding performance.

Now it’s worse.

3 Likes