Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

Thank you for the question - Steam recognizes it is the same build so there won’t be an update, which we just confirmed with the test team now. MS Store users do see an update, so the experience is a bit different. Apologies for the confusion.

2 Likes

For me there’s no additional drop with any next external window displayed after the first one

Did you have any before SU8 by chance?

Again, this issue does not affect everyone. We have a group of 4 that fly together, 3 of us have the issue, one doesn’t.

I am MS Store and did not get an update.

Opted out of Beta 8 this morning after SU8 was released.

FS2020 shows 1.23.12.0 like it did during the Beta 8.

I don’t think it was flyable before, so I wasn’t using popped out window
I’m currently with 33 FPS inside cockpit and 24 outside

How i can know when i leave the beta? I already leave manually from the insider but i cant see people in multiplayer :confused:

Traffic now can take off…EDIT: That two aircraft who just line up on the runway TOGETHER still doesn’t take off…

I was at OLBA. I’ve also been at KLAX, RJAA, OMAA, KSEA, KBOS during beta testing and live traffic there was taking off each time. Sometimes you get few taking off though unlike what you see in any live air traffic apps.

Downloaded everything, put everything back in the community folder. Now already 10min in loading for a flight TNCM - KMCO…

Great update.

But how do you turn them annoying sounds off when you decrease the throttle?

How is the taxing speed? Has it been fixed?

another 130GB update. Getting ridiculous at times with these updates.

3 Likes

Downloads stuck on content manager - Xbox Series X.

1/2 of the downloads completed successfully before it froze. No CTD.

You mean the menu sound when pressing “B”? I noticed this as well and the fix is turn down the menu interaction sound.

1 Like

Same here stuck several times now

Hi

I took part in the SU8 Beta and have just un-enrolled and going through the update to the release.

My installation is in the root of C: and when opening the sim it pops up with the update location, mine had reverted to somwhere in the users directory (sorry I should have made a note) instead of the C: drive root.

This would have meant a full re-install, I changed the directory to where the install was and all was good.

On Xbox Series X, got a CTD about 75% through updating the content manager. Started MSFS again and got about 6% downloaded of what was left and it froze. Something is up.

What content needs updating?

I was able to individually update each WU, but it will crash on the Junkers, Deluxe Upgrade and Premium Upgrade updates.

I’m wondering if you’re seeing the same behavior as me.

For those experiencing a CTD or freeze on Xbox when downloading content:

Would you mind posting your findings here? Sim freeze in content manager

It looks like it depends on the content - would love to see which ones cause a CTD/freeze. Thanks!

3 Likes

UK world update first. Got to 7% stuck

Tried Japan next time. Got to 4% stuck

Just switched off again and waiting for start up to try again

1 Like