Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

I rebooted my computer due to the freeze I was talking above and…

My entire game is gone. Again. 120Gb to redownload. :sob: :sob: :sob:

FOR ANYONE SEEING THEY NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE WHOLE SIM:
Click in the box on the install updates page with the folder address and you can choose a new folder and therefore point the installer at your custom install folder if you have one

My experience
Was in the beta - saw there were issues with the insider hub, but I was working anyway, so had to leave it a while. Came back to see that they insider hub issue was resolved, so started that and exited the beta as instucted - no issues.

Started the sim, and was told there was a mandatory update in the store and was auto directed there as usual. Hit “get updates” and got a 1.17Gb update in the store, which downloaded quickly. Restarted the sim and got a syncing data dialogue - sometimes see this - that worked fine, then on to checking for updates. That tried to direct me to the default install. So I clicked in the box with the address and it allows me to browse to where my files actually are - NOTE - the browse button has been removed - I tried to click the box to see if it would let me type in the right drive/folder. Selected the correct folder and it went off to check for updates for a bit again. Found no updates at all (not a surprise as I was on the latest beta build) and the sim then loaded as usual - albeit very slowly and with black screens only.

My graphics settings did get reset though.

No updates in the content manager, again as expected.

4 Likes

After update, flew for 1 hour without problems THEN msg appeared on PC ; your Gaming services has just been updated and CDT !!!

I like that the ‘minimums’ annunciation has been added for the Boeing airliners. Not sure why it’s not on the A320 too, but never mind.

So, we have to wait until FPS stabilize after opening a new external window

For me :

• FPS drop around 10 less after opening the first external window, than with the main display only
  • No FPS drop while opening additional external window

Checked using the KA 350i

What airport are you on? I’m on JFK, Ground Aircraft slide to 100, yet there’s no activity on the gate. Jateway doesn’t move, JFK absolutely silent, while I’m watching flightradar24, that airport is veeryy busy…

I kinda expected that it’ll work just like AIG traffic.

Maybe I misunderstood the release notes, or maybe i don’t…

All good here in VR. All addons back. No problem

Check volumetric lighting while night flying with fog :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

my landing gear key binding for gear up is not working. i gear up and the landing gear chatters… gear down works.

It’s a hit, the popcorn clouds too.

Since now the best update procedure. It seems that everything (including FBW, WT, AAO, Navigraph, CRJ, DC 6 etc.) is working perfectly.

No issues updating SU8, only issue I have found is that with DX12(beta) a couple of lockups/CTD with popping out gns530 - only an hour with SU8 and around 5 CTD - back to DX11 for myself when pop out panel.

I opted out of beta in Steam, but am not receiving any update. Like many who posted here, the sim version says 1.23.12.0 but I know it’s not as there is not market place links in the world map. There is no steam nor in app update. Could you confirm how the beta users are supposed to receive updates upon opting out? It’s creating a lot of confusion.

1 Like

I get the same FPS hit, whether I have 1 or 10 pannels popped (has always been that way for me). The way it was explained was as follows;

If you have vsync on or any type of frame limiting, then the FPS hit got worse with each pannel being popped.

Example, if you have FPS limited to 60, pop out 3 windows, that gets divided by 3.

If you have no limitations on (in the sim settings or nVidia Control panel) then you only see the 1 FPS hit as soon as you pop out a panel, and it stays the same for any other panels popped out.

All - X-Box no update, but I know why. However, game is now loaded at version 1.22.2.0, so the main files do not know there is an update out there.
This time I suspect I may have issues, so, giving up on MSFS 2020 if that is case. I will report back. I hate to leave it, because love the DC Designs F-14, and the freeware C-17, improving all the time. Later on, a study level (purported to be) C-17 will release, well maybe, and it will be just a kick to fly. Not sure if this game will ever be like its predecessors, FS-95/98/2000/FSX, which were excellent products, and I still fly FSX w/accel pack. The story is not complete.

Update - Asobo, please, please be more consistent with SU’s. Last time it was through the X-Box app, this time it is through the store (yes, purchased there), as asked thousands (maybe millions of times) put the update someplace, we can get to and download the thing to PC, let it extract files, and update them as needed. Since Microsoft spends millions a year on maintaining “Windows Update” you have a portal available, put them there. Then as needed the game once open can update any scenery files it needs at that point. This is like a maze every update cycle, and I for one are/am getting really tired of trying to find my way through it.

Update 2: I started the update process after update above. That was over hour ago, downloaded less than 500MB, of a 4.xGB update. Yes, servers are busy, done. It’s way too much work, stress, and trouble. I will try again next week. Have fun all.

Update 3: Finally got this finished, CM as well. Took too quick flights one in F-14 PMDY, second in Freeware C-17.
F-14, Plane continuously pulls to the left, at least 50% right stick to keep centerline of RW. Not sure if this is wind or new feature in game, more testing needed, got outside projects. Will update as I can explain difference.
C-17 Since freeware, it’s code may need some tweaking, not stutters exactly, just small almost hard to see jerks, especially present on dark taxiway at slow speed. Seems to fly ok, don’t have to make large corrections as much, could be having good flight day.
BUT here is good thing, game seems to be running wayyyy cooler, max temp was 64C, again, more testing needed, and if that is case, can turn up settings to high, since now at medium, to keep heat down. Also did some tweaking per one post changing some Nvidia settings, which may have also made difference. One thing I limit to 30FPS as max, which may be reason for jerks above. More later. No CTD, NO Crashes, so stable for now.

no idea but London still looks like groats to me after the update.
Maybe re-enable the rolling cache.
The bad presentation is really a mystery to me.
At least now the settings for the Hotas are saved.
Just had to adjust the reactivity.
But it is definitely not satisfactory.
Fly on Series S.

Still getting Microsoft store dependency nag on every start. I’ve had this problem for two months now. Use to go away after updating but this nag screen is going to haunt me for the rest of my days it looks like.

Store version and installed on a custom path? Make sure to choose the correct one on the update screen, for some reason it reverts to default.

Trees on La Guardia?

1 Like

No i installed on default path, for some reason it uninstalled.