Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

Is the airac going to be updated to the latest cycle?

Well my bad, I donā€™t know. Went to the insider hub and opted out of SU 8 Beta.
Now Iā€™m waiting for the real update but looking at the changelog, this is the one we already have.

EDIT: opting out of SU 8 Beta didnā€™t trigger an update and Iā€™m on 1.23.12.0 so this is the same update indeed.

surprisingly painfree downloadā€¦ now to see if it worksā€¦

Live Weather in SU8 is appalling - Iā€™m sorry - but i call a spade a spade - This is unacceptable after so many complaints about the rubbish cloud rendering in Live Weather after SU7. It completely ruins the immersion for me personally. I start the sim and close it immediately as I cannot see myself flying in this volcanic ash :rage:

Rex vs Live Weather ( Spoiler - Rex is the image at the top ) at some random location I chose. Rex looks massively better, even if it may not be 100% accurate in coverage. It still LOOKS plausible.

5 Likes

A notice to Beta Users:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/instructions-for-beta-transition/501299/2

2 Likes

To clarify:
My reference to ā€œpatheticā€ was not towards you but to Asobo/MS.

I opted out of the Beta 8 today in Xbox after the ā€œnew released SU8ā€.

No download available with 1.23.12.0 showing.

1 Like

Same here, so itā€™s the exact same build :thinking:
@Jummivana it doesnā€™t match what your post is saying. There is no update once we leave the Beta and weā€™re already on 1.23.12.0

EDIT: Rebooted and had an update: The full game. :yawning_face:

1 Like

Good performance but the camera buttons 1-9 in the Caravan cockpit behave very strange. Whenever I change view the camera seems to go back to the previous view and trembles a bit. Cannot use these buttons as it is now. Turning off turn Track IR does not help.

Why is it 8gb?? Im running out of space!

Xbox folks having CTD with Content Manager updates. I was able to solve this issue by fully shutting down the Xbox, unplugging it for the requisite time to reset the cache, booting it up, loading the sim and trying again.

Iā€™ve only tried the WU Japan, so far, but it is actually downloading now rather than CTD.

Hope this helps.

@SteveJB73 @JackMartin7440 @davidkenobi

EDIT: it only worked for WU Japan, and CTD when I just tried the Deluxe Upgrade updateā€¦

EDIT2: Trying again and Iā€™m able to download WU IV. Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ll get all the WUs downloaded/updated, but trying the Junkers, Deluxe and Premium will crash it.

EDIT3: It completed WU IV, I selected Premium Update to test it and was moving the cursor to click Download, I didnā€™t quite get the cursor to the button when the entire sim froze ā€” not CTD. Itā€™s still sitting here frozen.

EDIT4: While typing the above Edit, it unfroze itself. Attempting to download Premium Upgrade it CTD. I think my guess is going to prove to be correct ā€” the CTDs are not being caused by the WU updates, but only the Junkers, Deluxe Upgrade and Premium Upgrade, however I donā€™t have any of the other MS aircraft, Iā€™m wondering if they will CTD, too.

EDIT5: Confirmed. I have selected the remaining four world updates as a group and they are successfully updating now. The issue lies with the Junkers, Deluxe & Premium Upgrade content and possibly more that I do not own.

@SeedyL3205 I hope the above information helps you get this sorted.

EDIT6: After it completed updating the final four WUs, it CTD.

EDIT7: Correction, it CTD in the midst of updating either WU V or VI, because they are still showing as needing to be updated. I wasnā€™t at the display when this happened, so I didnā€™t see it occur.

EDIT8: Successfully downloaded WU V on its own followed by WU VI on its own without the CTD mentioned in the previous Edit. Completely unsure what to do with the last three updates ā€” Junkers, Deluxe & Premium.

1 Like

Downloaded the main update with no issues.

But Instant CTD on XBOX X when trying to download any of the updates in the content manager.

Tried select all to download, and tried individual files.

Switched off the XBOX, and restarted, no difference instant CTD

As with @NixonRedgrave switched off and unplugged the XBOX X, restarted and again CTD when trying to download any update via content manager.

Edit: Following on from @NixonRedgrave again. The WUā€™s are downloading but the deluxe/premium packs and the Asobo Aviat Husky cause CTD when the download is attempted.

Nice, crashed right out of the gate on the first flight. Hmmm?

3 Likes

So, now in SU8 if Iā€™m on a bush trip and start the timer in my nav log, if I close and reopen it the timer reset back to 00:00:00?

Is it possible to go one update without Asobo completely ruining the bush trips?

Constant CTD now when trying to upload from the content manager, community folder empty, CTD both in normal and safe modeā€¦

Are you on PC or Xbox?

My game keeps freezing right when the loading screen appears when starting a flight. If I reboot my computer, it works. And then it freezes again so I again have to reboot.
Of course this was already the case with the latest Beta.

Nvidia drivers 511.79 3090 RTX
5800X

Very annoying :neutral_face:

1 Like

From the release notes:

"Simvar watcher

Updated the simvar watcher to add the following features :

Add a search bar for Simvar names
Select default unit when a simvar is selected
Support string value request

"

Thank you very much for adding those seemingly tiny, but very useful details!

• a (happy) developer :slight_smile:
3 Likes

I had to do a complete re-install after Beta. :frowning:

Yes they do takeoff now

Have the premium deluxe dvd version, but the update is 4.3gig while here it says it should be more then 7Gig. Are those other gigs in the marketplace and content manager update or what?

2 Likes