Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

And:
4: go to content manager and update all packages there too (I had a further 16 updates there)

Where are you from?

22.2GB updated and restarted
with full community folder loaded as OK.

Flying CRJ700 (waited 8 mins for loading) in Japan , very good with more details on ground.

Go to Content manager and there are some packages (e.g. landing challenges) is pending to update.

So far it is running good here. Thanks.

Well performance seems good so far. Tree draw distance looks a lot better than it has in a long time. I havenā€™t reinstalled the tree mod and the sim looks pretty good.

1 Like

East coast of NC in USA

Well if you watch the latest dev twitch stream you will see they mention some potentially very good performance updates to come in some future SIM updates. Why were you expecting anything like that in a World update?
World updates are where they update various regions of the world with better DEM, photogrammetry etcā€¦ they are not updates where you will get any major fixes or changes to the sim.

1 Like

Running in VR, took a flight immediately prior to the update and the same flight immediately after. Definitely smoother for me. And the clouds pass more smoothly also. Still stuttery when in mist for some reason. But a definite improvement. Nice job Asobo.

3 Likes

Okay. I got around 20-60Mbps here in Dutchland. And I see now that the download speed from the Marketplace is much better: 194Mbps! Seems to be two different channels.

Just flitting around now, and seeingbigger improvements - 60+ FPS ultra everything near Edinburgh - and smooooooth

1 Like

Finished installing the update, the A320 will not spit out more then 10 fpsā€¦GA that fly under 200 knts seems to be okay 40 fps ā€¦ lost my log books again back to 0 hours ā€¦ just when I was getting close to 20 hoursā€¦

I dont know I think at this point Im just gonna give up. Iā€™ll update the laptop tomorrow and see how it runs but at this point Im not holding my breath. Ya know its been like 7 weeks now where this GAME for the most part has been un usable ā€¦

When have they NOT said that? It is always the case of wait til next time, it will be great.

2 Likes

Did they change lights? Iā€™ve never seen strobe lights in mist/on the ground until today. Or maybe I didnā€™t notice it before. :smiley:

1 Like

Sometimes people even say this about ā€˜next livesā€™. Itā€™s true :wink:

Emptied my Community folder, so no Navigraph data. Spawned at LFPG, and the only frequency I have is CTAF on 122.9. No Ground, Tower or Clearance.

And if your good little boys and girls Santa will bring you a preset as well! :laughing:

I can reach that fps in the middle of nowhere its the big photogrammetry cities that brings me to a crawl plus running 3440x1440 is a bit too much for the card.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly :slight_smile:

gotta be the photogrammatry. it wonā€™t look as good, but try turning it off and see what your frames are just to compare

UK. BT Fibre. 4 hours and Iā€™m at 12 gb of 17ā€¦
Itā€™s currently decompressing fs-base-0.1.155.fspatch my sim is at 1.15.7.0.

I just got a CTD while loading into the POI ā€œPont du Gardā€. As soon as I hit Fly Now it CTD.