Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

Thank you for confirming. I don’t have the steam version but the update is ready in XBOX. I usually have to update that before Im presented with the update within the SIM. Oh well. Hope it works.

1 Like

Because if i look for an update and it isn’t there, what exactly do you expect me to do? And why is the launcher downloading an incompatible update? What if i am not registered on this forum and i don’t follow the news, and i simply start my sim like i always do? If what i’m doing is so wrong, why is it such an easy thing to do, and why is a community manager asking for people’s reports on it?

You wait… the update will show up eventually, you can manually check for them in MS Store. Patience is key, especially with something as temperamental as FS2020.

In the MS Store, in Home, Downloads tab, click the Get updates button:

1 Like

Install process smooth as butter for me on Steam. Launched Steam right after seeing the availability on the website, MSFS asked to update, click on update, launch it when finish, Inside the Sim check for update, and update is currently downloading (nearly finish after 15min). So far so good.

I for one let the download continue. I’ll report back how it went (after having updated the FS2020 “client” via Steam as well)… or whether I’ll regret being a “bleeding edge Internet downloader” :wink:

So everyday before i start up the game am i suppose to open up the MS Store and stare at it for a few hours, to make sure there’s no update? I think you’re blowing out of proportion what is a very common thing to do, and you’re being very unreasonable.

1 Like

KNOWN ISSUE

• The cockpit screens can end up in an unresponsive state if the RTC finishes and proceed into flight. Please make sure to click the Fly Now button before the RTC ends.

I think I know what they mean but can anyone tell me what RTC stands for here?

1 Like

It is always the same - Gamepass version

1. update in xbox app ,
  2. update of game
  3. update from marketplace ingame (if WU and you want content from it)

If 1. is not appearing , change game , or try logout login into xbox app

after all updates restart whole game , as on first launch after update community content is skipped

what a joke they been saying that gonna add new planes models and liveries for ai traffic and they just add one livery for the 787, this game lower my expectations on every update

2 Likes

Nah…

:wink:

yes, because you know that is exactly what I meant. :neutral_face:

Out of them all, that has to be the best news as it affected so many users.

4 Likes

RTC = Real Time Cinematic

2 Likes

Just updated the notes! RTC = Real-Time Cinematic.

3 Likes

Then don’t say things you don’t mean. Like i told you, someone not aware of this update would simply launch the game as usual and get a prompt to download a new content update. The devs seem to already be aware of this issue. I am really not sure why you’re trying to pick a fight over me reporting an issue that we have all been asked to report. I’ll say no more on this matter because your position is simply ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s never been said that all the plane models and liveries would be included in this update.
They said that it is their goal to have these in the game in the future.
It has been explained at least 3 times that it’s very difficult to make this happen because of licensing all the airliners. But they will not stop chasing this dream.

Please be reasonable.

5 Likes

Ready to cry? :wink: :rofl:

True, they set the expactations low, but not ‘only 2 liveries’-low. :wink:

1 Like

I guess that is because the bits and bytes are still on their way from Paris in one of the trans-Atlantic cables between good ol’ Europe and the American continent :wink:

Greetings from Switzerland (where the download rate is currently slowing down… seesh…)

1 Like